Ebay exhaust kit?

Lettuce420

Respected
Hey guys this is my first post I have a 2000 LX was wondering if anybody had had any experience with the cheep Ebay exhaust kits? Am I wasting $140 or are they decent? Thanks for the help

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ebay isn't a brand.

If the exhaust piping is mandrel bent, that is good.

If this exhaust "kit" includes a muffler, for that overall price, the muffler might not be very good quality. It most likely will be good temporarily.

Some companies make exhausts for vehicles that do not bolt up without some modification, so that $140 may or may not be a waste depending on your ability to install it.

Andys2kcr

Respected
Don't waste your money. Its cheap material and will sound horrible. If you want a nice muffler, its better to get an rsx type s muffler and weld on.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't waste your money. Its cheap material and will sound horrible. If you want a nice muffler, its better to get an rsx type s muffler and weld on.
so if there's an Apex'i exhaust on ebay, it's cheap material and will sound horrible? What about Invidia, HKS, Vibrant, Thermal, and all the other legitimate exhausts sold on ebay?

........and what if a rsx type s muffler is sold on ebay? Then that'll sound horrible and be made of cheap material too, huh?

Lettuce420

Respected
The main reason I ask is the previous owner hacked the exhaust up all to hell and the cheaper kits on ebay are less expensive than a full stock kit. I was just wondering if anyone has ever bought one of these cheap kits, and if so were you happy? The car needs full exhaust anyway so I figured why not give one a shot.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hate when people associate eBay as brand. It's a service made up of thousands of little stores.
Further correction, it's an auction site that people pay a fee to sell on. It's no different than a flea market.

chero112

I bought Yonaka exhaust off ebay for like 250... and boy was I not happy with it, sounded like s**t and way to loud.. going to but a tanabe medalion in the next week... best exhaust in my opinion..

Lettuce420

Respected
Lets get this out of the way we all are aware that EBAY is not a brand it was a general question about the cheap exhaust kits sold on ebay. But I guess to get a serious answer I will have to look else ware. Thanks to those who were not jerks. Most people join these forums for help and advise from fellow enthusiasts, not to get smart ass remarks because a few people have nothing better to do.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol. Ask something that has been asked hundreds of times on ANY forum and you can expect the same responses. What you asked can be answered in less than a second by searching. You didn't join for "help" you joined to be spoon fed, which no forum will do. This is one of the nicer forums to be on for Hondas. Try this over at HondaTech and we will feel like a foam pit in comparison, they will eat you alive. Good luck.

MyLittleTeg

I'm running a eBay catback (bought the car with it on) and it sounds similar to OEM . you get what you pay for but if your old OEM is hacked up and you want something to get you by then eBay is okay. Just DONT get eBay headers

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont see why everyone keeps buying a name brand exhaust.. A tube is a tube. doesnt matter whos name is on it. Same goes for intakes. Doesnt do anything different.

I would buy a tubing kit for 125 bucks. find a resonator and muffler and you now have an exhaust you want.

you can start here, Has all hangers and hardware

HONDA TK

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont see why everyone keeps buying a name brand exhaust.. A tube is a tube. doesnt matter whos name is on it. Same goes for intakes. Doesnt do anything different.
An exhaust is not just a metal tube, which exposes the massive flaw in your logic. Metal comes in various grades. Cheap generic brands mean lower quality welds, flanges, fitment, bend precision (thus flow), etc. The same logic goes for intake filters and material quality.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My experience with "ebay" exhausts is a good one. Maybe it's a hit or miss type deal on ebay bought/no big brand named items but I've always had good experiences. The exhaust on my frs now is still in great condition ( I've had it for about 6 months) and the welds still look good and all connections are still good. I'm not one to buy expensive parts unless it comes to motor parts or piecing together a turbo kit. But my knowledge of being in the scene for 10 years is that some things can be "cheaped" out on since all you'll be buying is the brand name on parts. Like I said before there are parts that should be used when it comes to certain parts ie:proven quality engine, turbo, suspension parts to name a few. Most times for exhausts just buying the muffler you like and having a shop do some mandrel bends and and welding up an exhaust together for you can save you hundreds.

My experience is on my frs with some no named Perrin replica Cat back exhaust. Very quiet just the way I want it. No drone at all. So far everything is great. Bolted up with no problem and fitment is spot on. All the hangers are on and it aligns perfectly with the diffuser on the bumper. $200 shipped.

Maybe I'm just lucky. My past car builds have all been with cheaper parts because I want to show the every day car guy that they don't have to go all out just to have their car look good of course some things take more money buy for the basics..it can be done and still with quality.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have had 2 cars with full ebay exhaust front to back and they for 1 where made from what seemed like quality material and all the welds were very nice everything bolted up with out an issue....

The only dounfall I had was that at the s bend there was a slight spot where the exhaust touched the frame... a hammer fixed that so for the $150 I payed I feel like it did what it needed to

MyLittleTeg

Okay so about the eBay issue. There are name brands on eBay and no names..... Now a header for $20 on eBay, probably going to have bad welds and cheap metal. But you pay a lot for a name... Look at audi and lexus. They are high end cars but that dosent guarantee them to last longer than a Honda per say.

YachtBoy

Bought a no-name, 100$ cat back off ebay. Only used the axle back portion. Fitment is great, welds are great, looked great, and the sounds is actually really good...

rusted in 6 months.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Remember this, you get what you pay for....
Poor welds, bends, fitment and material.

Last edited: