Is The Coupe VTi the same as the Coupe Si?

xXRobbie98Xx

Hi. Im planning on buying a coupe 6th gen in the coming future and since ive got some sort of OCD I want to get the highest spec available. (I would want an ek9 over an ej9, obviously). So yeah anyway I've been looking for em1's in the UK but I can't find any. All I can find are coupe vti's. I understand that in the U.S the EM1 is called the Si. So is the VTi just the UK version of the EM1? Is it the same car but just renamed from Si to VTi? Thanks.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VTi only came in the Hatch and Sedan. 1.6 in the hatch and sedan, 1.8 in the 5 door. No coupe.

bastok

5+ Year Member
Yes. I have a Vti ek4, sedan, and has the same Engine, Suspension, Brakes and Steering parts of the EM1 U.S.

The differences are in the body parts and interior. For those parts you have to look for the ex ones (and others models 96-00)

Y2KEM1

i know exactly what you mean I have a USDM EM1 and I love it but when I found out that Canada has an "SiR" version of the EM1 I knew I wanted to convert. I can't find a whole lot of info on them seeing as they are extremely rare but as far as I can tell all they get is a different cluster and color option. Cluster was worth get though.