Did a 99-00 conversion a while ago and...

EKJASONSB

it's been bothering me ever since but it wasn't a priority for me at the time until now.
Everything went well with the conversion but my hood won't close all the way. Could anyone walk me through on what I can do?

Idk if anyone can see it on this pic but there's a gap. When I get home I'll get a better picture, right now I'm at the mall, always been on club civic forums but just decided to join the forums since my girlfriend takes long with her shopping lol.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks like my stock 96 hx used to look, I could never figure it out. You can try adjusting the little rubber stops on the radiator support to lower the hood or maybe adjust the hood latch. I tried both of those on my hx and it never fixed it, I think the previous owner bottomed out on parking blocks causing the front end to be slightly lifted over time.

EKJASONSB

Looks like my stock 96 hx used to look, I could never figure it out. You can try adjusting the little rubber stops on the radiator support to lower the hood or maybe adjust the hood latch. I tried both of those on my hx and it never fixed it, I think the previous owner bottomed out on parking blocks causing the front end to be slightly lifted over time.
Yeah I've been trying a few things but can't really figure it out. I just think there's something that has to be done to the latch area prolly ain't the same with the 99-00. Tyvm bro!

MichaelMcClernon

It looks like you have an aftermarket grill, which will never fit right. I bet all you need to do it loosen the latch and move it down a little, thats how you adjust the hood height. Also yeah check the rubber stops, they might be to high up. best way to find out is the just screw them all the way in and shut the hood and see if it fixed the problem, then slowly raise them back up so the hood rests on them.

EKJASONSB

It looks like you have an aftermarket grill, which will never fit right. I bet all you need to do it loosen the latch and move it down a little, thats how you adjust the hood height. Also yeah check the rubber stops, they might be to high up. best way to find out is the just screw them all the way in and shut the hood and see if it fixed the problem, then slowly raise them back up so the hood rests on them.
I figured it out and that's exactly what I had to do! Thank you very much guys ^^^^ and yeah still working on getting legit parts but taking my time with it.