piping

mush43

I bought my 2000 Honda civic ex and it came with a 2" injen intake and 4-2-1 headers stock cutback and 3" muffler and I will like to know if this helps my car or if I should take it off?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The intake is useless on a stock EX motor, the headers wont really hurt, I have no idea what "stock cutback" means, and a 3" muffler is way too big for a Civic (and looks ridiculous to anyone who knows about cars) but if the piping is still stock then the muffler outlet being 3" wont matter either. Whats more important is the brand of the components that were not mentioned.

mush43

Don t know the brand names i Just got ir as is and ir does look ridiculous with that muffler

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All it does is change the sound. None of that gives any noticeable worthy power on a d15. So, no I doesn't help at all.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The intake is useless on a stock EX motor, the headers wont really hurt, I have no idea what "stock cutback" means, and a 3" muffler is way too big for a Civic (and looks ridiculous to anyone who knows about cars) but if the piping is still stock then the muffler outlet being 3" wont matter either. Whats more important is the brand of the components that were not mentioned.

Heres my 3" muffler to which everyone tells me it looks perfect everywhere I go

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And like i said, those people who told you that likely dont really know about cars. Those that do probably havent said a word.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Im not even going to point out the irony here..
:rolf:

3" muffler tip is not that big, IMO. The Invidia exhaust I'll be installing on my RSX has a 101mm tip... just about 4" - THAT is a can. Stock is 2.5" to begin with though.

This is the 4" tip on my car (not my pic, nor my car)

Close up:

Looks fine to me. :what:

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
20150305_133457.jpg I have two 5 inch tips. :p and my sons car has a 1 inch tip.