Brake Pads for Civic EK4

creizlein

So It is time for my Brake Pads Civic EK4 to be changed, I had in mind going for the ACT Akebono brand, which seems to be the OEM one and I read good reviews, and the price is really cheap, is there any better choice?

Unfortunately, like most sites Akebono doesn't list this model in their website so i had to use the 99 Civic SI coupe model, which has the same engine (B16a2 VTEC) and seems to be the only one with front and rear discs

I was wondering if someone knows for sure if the EK4 japan civic uses the same pads as the EM1 USA model, Akebono ACT465A for Front and ACT374 for Rear? Or if there is any other way to be 100% sure if the pads are the same?

Problem is, as said early, i always have to buy parts as my car was a Civic Si Coupe 99, as my VIN number or model is never found in the USA/Canada markets.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Maybe go out and measure your brake rotors? The civic disk swap chart says 96-00 civic ex/si are 10.3 in or 21mm. I personally like hawk performance street pads

bastok

5+ Year Member
I use this pads 3 times in my Civic Vti EK4 (B16A2) and they fit almost perfect. You only have to sand 1 mm of one little tab for them to fit:

They brake really good!

creizlein

Maybe go out and measure your brake rotors? The civic disk swap chart says 96-00 civic ex/si are 10.3 in or 21mm. I personally like hawk performance street pads
Thats a good point, i will need to get the wheel off and measure it properly before buying anything
I saw many guys recommending these hawks ones but i also read they wear off quickly and they leave toons of dust, is that still good?
The OEM ones seems to be ceramic

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's best to use oem for longevity unless you have upgraded the vehicle to where you need more stopping power.

bastok

5+ Year Member
The Hawks HPS are in the same range of the oem, i mean, a bit of more stopping power, and nearly the same longevity.

By the way, i didn't notice big amounts of dust (always talking about the Hps, i don't know other hawk's pads maybe are more "dusty")

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My hawk hp pads I had on my 96 hx were amazing, stopped on a dime and left barely any dust. My car had white wheels and the old autozone pads were horrible on the white, once I switched it was like oem quality with better stopping power. They have like 3 different pad types so just read up on them because they say which ones produce the most dust.

creizlein

So i have measured my old pads and apparently its not the same as the USA 99-00 Si model
Mines measure 138mm long and 58mm wide, and the euro part N# seems to be 45022-S04-V10
But the one i get in USA is 45022-S04-V10 and measures 136mm long and 52mm wide

Problem now is where i can buy the OEM ones with sku 45022-S04-V10, or get the sku equivalent to the USA model.