Tail Lights Issues

Mr.CraigStine

I have just bought a 2012 Honda Civic Si and the tail light and license plate light do not work. I went to change the bulb and found three bulbs : the break light, turn signal, and reverse bulb. They all work and I cannot find any other bulbs. Is the tail light the same as the break light? When I went to buy a replacement bulb the store gave me the same bulb that is for the break lights, the break light works but not the tail light, I replaced them anyway and the tail lights still do not work. The dealership refuses to help because it "passed inspection" and they think its my fault (which I guess is because I didn't necessarily check the lights, I didn't think I needed to on a 2012 I know im stupid) but I still need it fixed before I get pulled over. I don't have $95+/hr to have a shop look at it. Sorry if this a dumb question but I am not mechanically incline.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I guarantee that it didn't pass inspection if the lights are in fact not working correctly, lights are a safety issue and by law the dealer can't let it go without them working or the dealer is full of incompetent boobs and is cutting corners. Take it to another shop for a second opinion. Before that, look in the owners manual or the fuse panel and find the fuse that goes to the parking lights. TEST IT, don't just look at it or better yet just replace the fuse. My guess is that it is blown.