Stance Questions

2000_lx

I recently became the owner of a stock 2000 Honda civic Lx. I have always been into performance cars and what not but I want to change it up. I saw a really clean Lx (pictured) and want it to be a rough guide for my Lx build.

The following is what I know I want out of the car:
-slight camber but not much
-larger than stock wheels
-low to the point that speed bumps will suck ass but not so low that my fender hits my wheel when I hit a bump
-I don't want to make it a "fast" car but a car that is still functional to take out and run around the mountain roads
-Have a wheel, tire, and suspension setup that is daily-able (I can handle new tires often)
-A reliable setup

I am new to this whole "stance" thing but I love the pictured Lx. My questions are as follow:
-for slight camber do I need a camber kit or will coil overs do the trick?
-I like the look of very slightly stretched tires but kind of scared due to saftey hazards. How can I do this safely and how has it treated you?
-what general wheel size, height,tire, and camber adjustment would give me form and function?
-really if you have done a build on a similar civic I would love to hear the tire, wheel, and suspension specifications of your build!! sorry for so much but I want to start this build!!!

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
for the stance, look and aesthetics in general.. its really up to your preference....
as for the camber, i have used a front camber kits from ebay then the bushings didnt last that long so i used the stock one and never had problems...
then i read this
http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/you-do-not-need-camber-kits.199650/
and didnt purchase camber kit ever.. didnt had probs with my tire too considering that my civic is low (around half an inch gap from the fender)
wheel/rim size, i have used a 16" before but had problems with tire wear so i change it to 15" which has a better ride quality.
btw, my ek is a daily driven whore (long drive to be precise) on average of 1500 per week..
hope this helps

2000_lx

How many inches did you drop it?
for the stance, look and aesthetics in general.. its really up to your preference....
as for the camber, i have used a front camber kits from ebay then the bushings didnt last that long so i used the stock one and never had problems...
then i read this
http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/you-do-not-need-camber-kits.199650/
and didnt purchase camber kit ever.. didnt had probs with my tire too considering that my civic is low (around half an inch gap from the fender)
wheel/rim size, i have used a 16" before but had problems with tire wear so i change it to 15" which has a better ride quality.
btw, my ek is a daily driven whore (long drive to be precise) on average of 1500 per week..
hope this helps
How many inches did you drop it?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
read this first yung grasshoppa

Building your Dream Car 101 - Honda-Tech

And Wtf did I just read..? Changing from 16 to 15 because of tire wear? 15" had better ride quality?

Now this is opinion of what ride quality your looking for. Swapping from 16 to 15 will not do anything to wear characteristics. the tire or the car doesnt care what the size of the wheel is. If you have a bad alignment, the 15 or 16 will give you bad tire wear

Slow89

read this first yung grasshoppa

Building your Dream Car 101 - Honda-Tech

And Wtf did I just read..? Changing from 16 to 15 because of tire wear? 15" had better ride quality?

Now this is opinion of what ride quality your looking for. Swapping from 16 to 15 will not do anything to wear characteristics. the tire or the car doesnt care what the size of the wheel is. If you have a bad alignment, the 15 or 16 will give you bad tire wear

the wear is correct but almost always a smaller wheel will have better ride characteristics than a bigger wheel.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ive been around wheels and tires for 20+ years and thats the 1st time I heard that..

but whatevers clever

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the wear is correct but almost always a smaller wheel will have better ride characteristics than a bigger wheel.
this would be true if the smaller wheel had a larger profile tire. A small wheel with a low profile tire will ride just as horribly as a large wheel with a low profile tire.