4x100 to 4x114.3 Conversion

Vexing101

To set the scene: I recently bought 4 discontinued wheels that are "brother" rims to the ones I currently have on my car. They were very difficult to find and ultimately was thrilled to get them in such great condition.

That being said: I did not do all of my homework. I foolishly assumed that because they were coming off a Honda Accord of similar year, and were 4 lug, I was all set. I was wrong.

So, now I'm tasked with finding a solution without using adapters, to convert the 4x100 to 4x114.3 of the new wheels. I was told about adapters and how they really aren't the best way to do it, as well as adding about an inch to the outward distance of the wheels/tires, which is not possible as my car is quite low.

My questions: 1) What parts in total will I need to convert to the correct bolt pattern? The guy at Discount Tire made it sound like all I needed was an Accord hub as well as new rotors (my EX has 4 wheel discs with ABS).

I hopped on some forums and haven't been able to determine whether the Accord (or Prelude) rotors will fit my existing brake calipers, does anyone know? I'd rather keep the same calipers as I wasn't intending for this project to cost much ... and it just seems to keep getting more and more expensive.

Also, since I haven't been able to find a hub that is the correct bore, do I need to then find a hub centric ring to fit the gap?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated, I still consider myself a gearhead novice when it comes to the details, but am trying to continually educate myself as I will keep this Civic forever (as it's my little project fun car).

Thanks in advance!

Vexing101

Thanks for the link mc360! Still unsure as the models he's providing seem to exclude the EX from '04, but assume it's the same as the one from '06. I'm still debating whether to just drill the current rotors and hub, or swap out for Accord hub and rotors. I'd rather not spend a fortune and I'm not trying to upgrade my brakes.

lowslowb5

You can purchase a 96 itr 4x 114 swap cheep and it's not to hard to swap over the cool thing is you can use the 98 itr 1" brake master correctly. I have a setup waiting for me to put on

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i wanna see the said wheels.