Turbo in 93 DX

civicnation93

I want to put a turbo in my 93 hatch. The body is a CX and the motor is a DX.
Im new to civics and dont know anything. Just a teen spending money on cars.
Ive been looking on ebay for one and found this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230958468950

Im not sure if i can even put one in my Car. It is a manual 5 speed. Please give me any advice you may have!

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Been at this for a while and played with turbos on B series... but one thing that is constant is ; don't go cheap, because it will get expensive.

If you go the china charger route you will not only not make any reliable power but you will be replacing parts and/or your motor in weeks.

Read up in the forced induction sections, learn as much as you can and go from there. http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/forums/forced-induction.59/

dmuney

Number 1 key is fuel fuel and more fuel I did it on my 93 civic ex and no issue sold car to a buddy 5 yrs.ago and he still drives it today. It can be done without issue just have to cover all your bases. Charger cooler oil oh ya upgrade anything fuel related Pump, injectors, FMU, and fuel pressure regulator so you can run BIG injectors on stock Ecm if you want cheap. Works fine if you only want 4 or 6 psi of boost. If you by parts from eBay disassemble everything with moving parts Charger wast gate blow off valve and inspect them and reassemble them correctly . If you don't you will have issues and I will bet your motor on that and yes learn everything you can about forced induction

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Whatever you do, get a tune. It is THE most important part of forced induction.

Proof: Buddy supercharged his 4.7L Datoka. It lasted 2 weeks - Ran lean, and pop goes the engine.
Turbocharged by B18 Civic, had it professionally tuned... the body rotted out years later, but the engine was still healthy and just recently sold.

Give this link a read: G2IC Turbo Guide. It's VERY informative, and is what I first read years ago before deciding to boost my Civic.