2015 civic LX Automatic Price 17714 OR 2015 corolla LE price 16579

youadult

Respected
I am a fresh graduate and need a car. I don't want to repair cars always. so the reliability is my main concern. Looked for good price online(edmunds.com, autopriceshare.com, truecar.com...) for several weeks. Finally, I found some deals shared by others and autopriceshare dealers offer me the same price.
Here are my two quotas:

1. 2015 civic LX Automatic Price 17714 (base model on more packages)
1. 2015 corolla LE Price 16579 (base model + one free oil change)

Are these good deals? Which model is more reliable? I am not familiar with cars and any advices will be very helpful!

Last edited:

CivilicOne

Respected
Depending on where you live, those are great prices. I paid $17k for my year-old 2014 Civic EX (it had cost $22k new).

Recent graduate or not, reliability is worth the upfront money since repairs cost more in time, money, and emotions down the road. Based on the quotes you'd provided, go Honda. While JD Power and Consumer Reports give both brands good marks, but Honda didn't have the brake scandal Toyota had recently.

MyLittleTeg

Go manual. An auto trans will give you issues later down the road, and most of the time a standard will trans will outlast the body it's put into. Food for though
And about the honda or Toyota, we're major honda fans so 99 percent will say a civic over a corolla. They are both super reliable cars but a corolla is more family and the new civics are a little bit sporty-er. Hopes this help, and any questions just let me know