96 Dx Auto to Manual Swap

Matt_Dx

So I wanna swap my auto EK coupe to manual, I have an entire swap ( EVERYTHING under the hood, axles, wiring harness, etc.) Its out of my buddy's EG coupe(he's going J32), I was wondering exactly what needs to be done and if anyone may have some instructions on this I didn't know if anything had to be done special since its going D16 to D15 also , more specifically on the clutch pedal install! Thanks in advance!

itzrivera

On the passenger side, there is a mount on the frame. That mount is connected to a bracket. The brackets connects that mount to the transmission.

That bracket will need to be changed. Currently the bracket you have has 2 holes for the transmission bolts. The bracket you will need to replace it with has 3 holes.

So far, that's all I'm 100% sure that you will need. Some people online say that the rear mount that sits on the Subframe is different from Auto to Manual. I checked the part #s and they are different, but I have my auto one still in there (auto to manual and b swap). If you need pics or anything to help you get an idea of what I'm talking about, let me know and I'll post some up.

eidt: just realized you said you have everything. For the clutch pedal, there are 3 holes in the firewall that are covered with grommets. Take the grommets out and your Master cylinder will slide in through there. The clutch pedal has holes in it for the master to slide in. Just slide the pedal in and tighten down the nuts.

So your clutch pedal and master make a "sandwhich" with the firewall in between both. Also, you'll have to cut out the hole for the shift linkage when you take out the auto shifter. Take a look at my motor swap log and you'll see what I'm talking about.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

codesmith29

Respected
Cool I'm doing that swap rite now but I'm going from a d15 to a b16

Good luck dude hope to see some photos wen u done

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt_Dx

Its on hold as of now. I threw a rod so I need to decide my next step. But I have another question regarding auto transmissions I have a 96 I swapped it for another auto one from a 99 and I seem to not be able to fit a plug on my tranny, it just won't fit, is there a difference in it? I mean it runs and drives but its throwing 4 trans codes now

itzrivera

Maybe a difference in the plug from OBD2a to OBD2b? If anything, find the connector on the harness on ebay, then splice it in to fit the trans plug. Or maybe, swap the plugs between your trans?