Civic for First Car!?!?

NoahBriley

Hey, I'm Noah. I'm 15 years old right now but when I'm 16 I plan on getting a car for around $4000-6000. I am thinking about getting an em1 or em2. What do you guys think? Are there any things I should specifically look for with a Civic? Thanks for your input.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That would be a great starting point but I don't think it's worth 7k. I wouldn't pay more then 4k for that car just saying
Of course.. most swapped civics go for 4k.. But my ride has a new built engine, rebult trans, plus alot more then the typical modded civic on the road. IDK about your location, but civics go for 3k- 3500 in stock trim all day around florida. Thats with a tired engine. If I were to list the prices on all the parts listed, you would see that im around .40 on the dollar. The 4k civics are with engines slam dunked in the bay with unknown mileage, hacked up wiring, and alot of other molestations.

All those parts and only 166whp? o.O
Not to thread jack, but thats about 190/160 at the fly.. Seeing how in stock form it makes 128/136 at the fly, Pretty respectable for a 15+ year old engine. Cams, I/H/E can only do so much, but I will say it has alot more torque then the typical vtec build. And almost 100hp/liter which isnt bad for an engine built by my own 2 hands. I couldve went with higher compression and more timing, but I had this built and tuned conservatively.

Last edited:

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just bought mine for $3500 n it's boosted

I know it has a lot of money into it but it's just that you don't always get what you put into it. And not knocking your car at all. It's just my opinion

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
great buy.. I would figure that any civic in decent shape with boost would start at 4500

I know I dont get what I put into it, hence why its 7k. I have waayy more into it then that.

** we totally jacked this thread.