Suspension- OEM stock

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am debating on going back to stock suspension.
I own a 97 EX civic and it has been upgraded to look like a 2000 SI. I have the Si Rims too.

What will be the better suspension then, the stock EX factory or 2000 Si factory?

The specs:
96-00 EX factory 165F/80R (P/P)
99-00 Si (EM1) factory 201F/99.8R (P/P)

I honestly don't know how the compression works. I am looking for the best comfortable ride.

Also any opinions on a Tein Springs+Koni strut set up would also be a benefit as an option as well in comparison to the stock set up above.

The specs:
Tein S. Tech 235F/140R

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would go with the tens unless you want stock ride height also, I'm pretty sure you can buy different spring rates for ground control Coilover sleeves so look into that. Sure it won't ride like stock when it's lowered but a more dd friendly spring rate will make it much more comfortable, I ride slammed on 12k front and 8k rear which converts to something like 650f/470r

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Tein s.tech springs with Koni Str.t struts provide a great ride feel and tighter corning feel but will rub slightly in the wheel well if you hit a big bump. Its nothing major but each person varies. You may want to consider Tein h.tech springs instead. The offer just a 1" drop and apparent provide a very comfy ride too. I havent used h.techs but I believe theyll have less chance at rubbing on quick dips like the s.techs.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for your input guys, I will definitely look into those options. Trying to find an in between suspension.