eBay turbo?

Fg4gangstar

I have a 2012 Honda Civic Si and I really want a turbo. I tired saving up for a genuine one but I have college coming up and money is the issue especially when you're in high school with an hourly job. So I am considering running an eBay turbo at a low psi just for a little extra boost and nice bov sound. what do you guys think?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It really depends. Psi doesnt really come into play if the compressor wheel shreds and is sucked into your engine. I know quite a few people running ebay turbo kits with no problems but i wouldnt chance it. If it were me id save your money for college [emoji106]

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wait until after college or save up and do it right the first time, an eBay kit almost will never fit right on more than one part. If you can fab then sure you can make it all line up but most likely you will end up replacing the turbo, bov, and wastegate down the road

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Either wait until after college or until you can afford something of quality. 2 things to never to go cheap on a car are suspension and forced induction.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^
this

Modding cars and being broke never has good endings.

If you want to go a bit faster, look to ZEX Safe Shot for a 35 shot.

With such a low shot, it will be fine to use it on a stock tune. Just dont get any ideas to use more.