thoughts?

preston ilnicki

Respected
Hello everyone I just resent purchased a 2015 civic si. So I'm just starting into the journey of mods. I was woundering on your thoughts on the P2r throttle body spacer and the RV6 downpipe. I wanted to get your suggestions on these two things. Worth it or not?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice pickup on the new Si!

I've heard a lot of good things about TB spacers doing wonders for those, and P2r is trusted so I say go for it!

As for the downpipe, I saw a thread on how crappy the the pre-cat manifolds are, so I would assume anything is better than stock. That RV6 company looks new but I did a little google search and it seems that people like them too. :thumbs up

preston ilnicki

Respected
Thanks very much. Ya I read that the stock downpipe is really restricting. Do you have any suggestions on a exhaust? I love the invidia n1 but I'm afread it will be to loud? Maybe the invidia q300?

yokmurobert

First of all Congratulation!!! You have been bought one the best car , interested thing is that this is one the favourite of mine..
Regarding "P2r throttle body spacer and the RV6 downpipe" i would like to say you don't need to worry about that.I have not heard any complain about them so far.

preston ilnicki

Respected
Thanks, it still has less then 500 miles so it isnt broke in yet but i lovee driving it! But thank you. Also im thinking about a invidia q300 exhust.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Less than 500 miles -- that's awesome.

I have the Invidia N1 exhaust on my RSX, which is a step down (price-wise) from the q300.. and I absolutely love it. Not very loud, but has a nice deep tone to it.

preston ilnicki

Respected
Less than 500 miles -- that's awesome.

I have the Invidia N1 exhaust on my RSX, which is a step down (price-wise) from the q300.. and I absolutely love it. Not very loud, but has a nice deep tone to it.
I was looking at that one too. I read that it was really loud and has drone on the highway. Do u run into that problem?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was looking at that one too. I read that it was really loud and has drone on the highway. Do u run into that problem?
It was actually much quieter than I thought it would be. I don't have the baffle in, either. It's a little loud on a cold start when idling. Not too much exhaust drone, though I've only been on the highway once doing a spirited cruise with many other cars, so I wasn't paying attention. I'm taking a 4 hour drive by my lonesome from WNY to Mass on Friday or Sat morning, so I'll pay attention to it then and will update you. :thumbs up

preston ilnicki

Respected
It was actually much quieter than I thought it would be. I don't have the baffle in, either. It's a little loud on a cold start when idling. Not too much exhaust drone, though I've only been on the highway once doing a spirited cruise with many other cars, so I wasn't paying attention. I'm taking a 4 hour drive by my lonesome from WNY to Mass on Friday or Sat morning, so I'll pay attention to it then and will update you. :thumbs up
Ok sounds good. Bc I like the sound of the n1 more then the q300 so that would be cool.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Since the Modding bug has taken control.. Lok to an exhaust that will help you down the road.
Meaning if its 2.50" piping, that will help with a small turbo system or supercharger if you decide in the future you want to go that route.

Heres a good read for people with more money then vision.

Building your Dream Car 101