Hey i need help

allenmcbee4

I have a 95 civic ex i have a knock in the lower half of my motor so i want to swop moters what will drop in without much work i have the vtec1.6 would like as much powwr without the headaches oh and pleez simple answer im not a mechanic and first honda

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The simple answer is to do some of your own research as engine swap options have been covered in every honda forum in existence. You can pretty much drop in any B or D series engine. It all depends on your goals and desires from an engine along with your budget. And please respect the forum members enough to make an effort to spell & punctuate correctly.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

I suggest taking a read HERE

The post is slightly outdated as there's no K-series information, but the B16/B18 stuff will be useful for sure (hint hint)

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If your not a mechanic nor have tools or skills, i would replace the engine with the exact same thing you took out.

A few bolts and unplugging of wires is pretty simple. If you decide to move into the advanced stage and swap, run down to harbor frieght and get some cheap tools and do some searching on the task you want to do.

TRUJDM95CIVIC

Your best bet would be to put another D16Z6 in it. These motors pull hard for what they are and are very reliable. But if you wanted a little more power a b16 or b18 will drop in with minimal work