f2b vs b18cr

marneli10

Registered VIP
Hi to all i have been looking into doing an f2b swap into my eg hatch. It currently has a jdm b18c type r. I have skunk2 tuner2 cams sk2 cam gears blox dual valves springs retainers sk2 headers blox manifold 68mm tb aem fuel rail act clutch and fadaza 12lb flywheel. It made 208whp 136 torque it was tuned at redzone in antich ca. Know my question here is if i go f2b with just manifold headers tb intake worth it ? about how much more power and torque will i get. Or am i just better off keeping the type r and doin a port job on the head nd installing rc injector. I have lookd into f2b setups but havnt found much on them also how reliable are they as the cars going to be my daily.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Keep the Type-R. F2B swap is a huge PITA, and you already have a motor that a lot of Honda enthusiasts would love to have.

If you want more power from the B18, you should boost it. :cool:

marneli10

Registered VIP
Does were my plans at first but i dont have the cash at the moment. To build it right i dnt just want to slap the turbo on. And what do mean PITA

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Does were my plans at first but i dont have the cash at the moment. To build it right i dnt just want to slap the turbo on. And what do mean PITA
PITA = Pain In The Ass :lol:

And yeah, I would recommend saving up and doing it the right way for sure.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Keep what you have.. thats a nice build.

If you want some more pwer, just throw a 50 shot on it. Im quite sure you have room on the injectors for a dry shot.

marneli10

Registered VIP
Oh hahaha and i was think of doing the 50 shot if i was to port the head would i see more power and about how much more

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well you dont need to port the head for that..

Porting wont add 50HP either

marneli10

Registered VIP
No i no i dont. I was just thinkn of port n polishn it. i just wanted to see about how much id gain all motor

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well, most power is made in the head..

I dont think youll see 50 hp with just a P&P, but if its professionally done from Laskey or another reputable honda shop, who knows with supporting parts.

marneli10

Registered VIP
I wouldnt mind if it makes me hit 220whp or so id b happy just dnt wana spend the money and gain 5hp then after dat id add the 50shot lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i go f2b with just manifold headers tb intake worth it ? about how much more power and torque will i get.
The F20 head doesn't flow better than an integra type R head, so running one without cams on top of that is going to net you a lower peak power than your current setup but with better midrange and torque due to the extra displacement.

marneli10

Registered VIP
So im just better off keeping the type r and doing PnP or 50 shot right? Any other things i can do to the type r to make more power all motor? I dont want pistons at the moment because if i keep it im going boost

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get the car on a diet and shed as much weight as possible..

probably wouldnt hurt if your fatass lost a few lbs yourself.. LOL

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You do realize b16b and b18cR were slightly port and polished from the start? Sure it can be improved on but it's hardly going to do any good.

Why not use a better intake manifold and more aggressive cams for power since you don't want to touch the block. Switch over to e85. Things like that.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi to all i have been looking into doing an f2b swap into my eg hatch. It currently has a jdm b18c type r.

I'm not sure why this was even thought of as an option?
Don't mess with with perfection.....=)

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What's wrong with boosting the stock block type r? An ls boosted stock is good for what like 280whp, you should be able to achieve more than 300whp on a stock b18c block without throwing in forged internals. What are your goals?

If your only looking for 300whp then I wouldn't bother spending a grand on internals, if you want more than 300 then you probably want forged internals which should take you somewhere in the 4-500whp range

marneli10

Registered VIP
Esotericimage: i have been thinking of taken a few pounds off of it just not sure what i can sence its my daily i dont want to be all guted and also shed some pounds off of me lol

Child; i new b18cr came with a factory mild port but i was just thinking a better PnP would do better. What type of more agressive cams would you recommend and also manifold?

Mr. Baker; my friend is putting one in on his em1 and was sayn they did good power thats why it came to mine lol

Mc360; i no it can handle some boost but if id go turbo id like to go over atleast 350hp and sence i like to smash on it some times id want it to be safe dont want to mess up my daily car lol

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If it's your daily there is no need for more than 350whp, 300 on street tires is pushing it. Have you ever been in a car that weighs less than 3000 lbs with 300whp and fwd? I bet you would be pretty happy, I personally would leave the block the way it is N/A or go turbo because N/A power isn't cheap and your already making decent power

marneli10

Registered VIP
Sry i took long to reply i thought i had already and no i havnt been in one befor but id want to get around that power even with boost or squeezing but i kinda like having it n/a lol. Yea i like the power it has right now but a little more wnt hurt lol

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sry i took long to reply i thought i had already and no i havnt been in one befor but id want to get around that power even with boost or squeezing but i kinda like having it n/a lol. Yea i like the power it has right now but a little more wnt hurt lol

When I was on boost, I had a small turbo set up @ 256whp/242T and I was keeping up with OEM V8 cars. Ran a 12.6 on the quarter. I had a hard time keeping traction with that. You can want more power, but trying to get it on the ground will be your next issue. So just pick a realistic power goal.

Weight vs power comes into play here. (along with the final drive)

[/IMG]