CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll bet that's the dirtiest the car has been in years.
Yeah man, it sucks. filthy!

....sold my buddy club racing spec seat and rail, so i'll be getting a new setup and hardware thrown in the coupe once everything arrives

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
debadged the daily. Need to wash and wax this thing and order some minor things for it.

Finally back together

Longblock assembled by Ron Bergenholtz and Bizzy at JTran put the rest of the swap together and in the car. They did it all in one day. Just a few final touches left before I go to do the break in on and then get it on the dyno for tuning.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Header exit vband. Flares out perfectly to 3"

The big tube header hugs the chassis pretty good.

Thought this thing would never be back in lol.

Started right up, I was relieved.

Also replaced my tired red buddy club bucket with the newest p1 limited seat in all black. I like the feel of this one much better and still only 11 pounds. Got Downstar seat hardware on the way and a new seat rail as well.

Last edited:

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking great dude! Do you have a prospected number that you're shooting for on this version 2? As always keep up the great work!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking great dude! Do you have a prospected number that you're shooting for on this version 2? As always keep up the great work!
thanks.... we're hoping to make a 300whp pull but we'll see. As usual, I'm trying to make power the hard way just to see if I can pull it off.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, we made some pulls today but I'm having an issue with fuel. Losing fuel pressure like crazy the moment vtec hits. My stock HX fuel pump isn't going to cut it lol. The 650cc injectors are at 78% duty cycle as well :( we didn't pull past 8000rpm but managed 267whp/208tq The torque figure is looking good but power is down up top for sure. Gonna be back at it after some upgrades.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, that's surprising... all this stuff I've been watching you do, and I never thought twice that you wouldn't already have had a higher output fuel pump installed.... just never crossed my mind. :smackself

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, that's surprising... all this stuff I've been watching you do, and I never thought twice that you wouldn't already have had a higher output fuel pump installed.... just never crossed my mind. :smackself
Yeah, I properly left quite a few things untouched purposely to try to see how many of these upgrades you actually need to make big power. The car is nuts now and after vtec, 4500rpm, fuel pressure drops 10psi immediately and then plummets like the tach as I get closer to 8000rpm lol. So there's more in this setup. A 340lph will be going in today.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I properly left quite a few things untouched purposely to try to see how many of these upgrades you actually need to make big power. The car is nuts now and after vtec, 4500rpm, fuel pressure drops 10psi immediately and then plummets like the tach as I get closer to 8000rpm lol. So there's more in this setup. A 340lph will be going in today.
That's a huge gain bro even with the fuel issue. Hope the pump fixes the issue and you can get back on the rollers.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So many awesome. Sounds like you will have it sorted out quickly!
Yeah we noticed the fuel pressure gauge dropping like a rock on the dyno, so we didn't pull any higher and just let it be.

Today I installed an Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump, and i'll be wiring in the relay for it, so I should be good to go now.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lets backtrack....

finished up the exhaust piping

fixed my 3.5" velocity stack

strapped down

First 3 pulls of the day (3rd gear pulls) compared to the 246whp pull made with my stock TSX setup with open ram header. A ton more power everywhere, as expected.

Had to kill the pulls after maxing out the ability of me STOCK 1997 hx fuel pump (yes I know I should have upgraded it long ago, but i like to test things) After vtec at 4500rpm or so, fuel pressure fell like a rock. The new torque figure though is freaking awesome.

Upgraded the fuel pump to an Aeromotive 340lph, and i'll be back on the dyno whenever I can. In the meantime, i'll be working on making this work with my 80mm TB. Not really concerned with performance, just wanted a short ram solution to keep the intake in the bay further away from dirt and what not to protect my investment, and something that's shiny....because I obviously like shiny things.

So much happier with this bucket seat as well. Feels much better than the buddy club racing spec I had

Allstartwincam

Really nice update, my ej8 will be on the road very soon and my dad is gonna help with body work and paint, going with deep bronze pearl

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
damn thats crazy! are you getting back on the rollers to finish the tune with the new fuel pump? im hyped to see how you modify the arc box. how close does that front corner come to hitting the hood? Also i like that seat. i was contemplating getting one for my dc2 but i was afraid i wasnt going to like the way it felt.