Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha...yeah, it seemed like I was about to get e-beat...lol. Dropped it off last Friday. Been really missing it since Tuesday. It's going to be a long wait...lol.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I was so sad for like thirty seconds :lol:

Glad to see you didn't sell it, and HOLY UPDATE! :lol: this thread delivers

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks! =)

No updates to speak of. Word on the street is that I should have my car back by the end of the week. But I'm not worried if its not ready.
Picked up a Type One bandana to go with my Spoon bandana...

And since I didnt feel like storing the extra TSX bumper I had, nor did I feel like dealing with lowballing idiots on CL or local forums...

And I didnt neet the busted up Civic bumper anymore...

The pic of my car was used as a photo project, that I was unaware of, by a buddies gf. When they came over to get a bunch of attic gold before I moved, she gave me the photo. Framed up and at work now =) And a print of the Spoon NSX-R =))

TogueEk

Holy crap! Clean car! Lol Ive fallin victim to the CF headliner lol I want one now lmao

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks! It was a very dope part. I do miss it at times but I know its in good hands. I've made a really good friend with the person that asked me for a dollar amount that would get me to sell it.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Limited updates...as seen on IG...
Homie Rob picked up a couple things for me at ICB last month. Just some stickers and CTR race spec rear crash beam. Now to find a front one...

Well, the car is home, but far from finished. Due to some issues with the house we were trying to buy, the car is on hold. We will be moving out of the house and not moving forward on the purchase. We have found another house that does not have the paperwork nightmare attached to it like the one we were trying to buy has. After 6 months of trying, we are over it.
So, here is what you want to see thus far!!!!
Driving home...

What spoiler?

Home!

Yeah, the trunk and spoiler...hmm....

Passenger fender is rolled! Trunk/spoiler is sold!
Did a little work on it last Friday. Put the rear in the air and installed the PCI RTA bushings and the rear Tein Type HA coils, with helper springs. While back there I looked over the sway bar parts, and as I suspected, the JUNK ES bushings that are used with my unique sway bar setup are wearing out. The D bushings have loosened so the bar can actually slip, its not snugged in place anymore. And the drop link endlinks, the poly is wearing out. I figured this would happen, but I gave it a go since I had the parts. I've since ordered the ASR sway bar with the anti-slip joints and a set of F7 endlinks. I hope to see those parts soon. Until everything arrives, I cleaned and returned to original condition. It will be fine until I swap things out again.
Cover off!

Work time! I bought the Honda/Acura RTA bushing tool so I didnt have to drop the arm from the car. Took all of about 5 min to push the bushing out at a conservitive rate.

Not terrible for being original 1999 bushings...

PCI going in!

Back on the ground, under proper sized wheels and tires to settle and determine any adjustment needed.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd, the SW are SOLD. Last ride in my truck to the new owner.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are those Works SP1 wheels. Look similar.
wtf? so much f**kery in that post. Work....not "works" makes Meister "S1" not SP1, which is made by SSR, and neither are similar to 949 racing 6ul wheels or spoon sw388's.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha...thanks Kerry. Yeah, I have no idea what was meant there, but there has been no wheel by Work on the car in quite some time.

Well, due to all of the nightmares we have been living through with this move situation and the fact that we did end up moving again, I'm going to do the "big" update with where I am now and such. More to come, but life/family and all that stuff has put much progress on delay.

So, I bought a couple items...
949 misc parts and F7 endlinks...

The ASR bar to repleace the ST jam, as discussed before.

Special Projects Motorsports, special delivery!

The new house...

before anything was moved...
Nice size room over the garage, likely will become a theater room...

Loft area just outside the room over garage, just over looking the entryway...bookcases and couch here...nice sitting area...

Entryway...dining room to the right, behind the column...

Upshot of the entry...

Three beds up and a full bath...

Livingroom/den area...

From the living area to the kitchen/nook...

We took the dog over a few times before actually moving. We wanted him to get used to the house as best as possible so it wasnt such a shock this time...

Side master bedroom (first floor master :D )...you can see Jone's Creek...

Back window of the master, Pagan River...

Screened in patio view...Pagan River

Nice walk-in attic...so nice having storage!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So we moved most everything when it comes to stuff. But after moving a few months ago, we just didnt want to move the heavy crap. We hired some fools for that. Local business, veteran owned.

Packed proper...lol.

Do you even Spoon bro?

Si doing the garage shift...

First night staying in the house sunset view over the Pagan River out of the master...

Dog was worn out (last night at the old place)...lol...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The new garage...

I think the Si is in here somewhere...

After breaking things and having years of abuse from daily life, a full overhaul was done. Why fix most of it when all is really needed...for not much more expense...
Pulling the car apart and ready for transport to the shop. You saw the things removed already...here was the test fit and placement of some items...
Hood...

A bit of gap, but I didnt care to fit it, only installed it...

Getting straight...

The hood that I got a few years ago needed some repair. So it sat in a box in the garage with an unknown fate. My a overhaul included a full spray, why not repair and paint the hood since the carbon didnt need it...same price...why nowt!? :D

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The day it came home...

Please understand, I HATE these stupid thin moldings. BUT they are functional. They provide a flat mounting surface for my number boards that kept flying off, even with tape, when applied over the standard moldings. I think the thins look absolutely stupid. I'd rather shave the moldings completely than have these. Standard look far better...

Dusty close up...

Day I did the rear suspension...

Garage clean up last week was pretty good. I got a good bit done, but more to follow!

Another tool box stack has come home. It was a Christmas present from my mother in law, but with all the moving and such, it had been chilling in her garage...oh, and I got my old spare RSZ-R back...lol. Might sell it though...

Never leave out the wifes TSX...JDM lights from the motherland!

As you know, the Spoon SW388's were sold. I almost bought another set of wheels to replace them. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I didnt need another set of wheels. I decided that I'd just run the nickel 949's for street use, now fitted with new 225/45/15 Hankook RS3 tires. For the track, I'll be using the silver 949's that are sitting in storage. Hankook z214 c71 slicks have been ordered, however they have a "ship no earlier" date of 4/28/15...doesnt matter...June is best case for the car hitting the streets again...

And finally, last night the new exhaust arrived...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Parts!

Carbing 3pt with MCB

EMRacing rear tower and diagonal...meets the floor bar I currently have...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow, house and car are both looking good! :thumbs up

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats on teh house! and you're building the Civic nicely.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's the word I'm looking for? ........Ballin'!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha! Thanks man!

EMRacing tower bar in place, diagonal is connected to the tower...but I have to go buy a tap to chase the threads on the floor side. Of course it takes a tap thats not included in the 90pc kit that I have! Chase that one spot and that will bolt down to complete that.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
After a nightmare of trying to get the tap locally, it was finally found. Chased the threads and went to put things together...EMRacing floor bar bolt wasnt long enough to add the diagonal to. And the bar didnt come with a bolt. I have no clue if this was an oversight or what. I just dug up a spare Honda bolt and used that to get everything locked down.