Harv's slow eh9 build

Harv_D_Johnson

Sold this turd for $300. Gonna put that towards a b series hydro trans.

Also going to have a friend modify some eg seat rails to fit these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harv_D_Johnson

Haven't updated this in awhile.

Drove 2 1/2 hours to pick up a b16 y21 trans.

Also picked up(what a believe) is a b16a3 head.

Heres the head code and year if anyone can tell me is I'm right on which head it is.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First time reading this thread, and enjoy it so far. Did you get a decent price on that trans? 2 1/2 hour drive is a good long way. Also, what color was that replacement fender originally? Appears you painted it that purple color. And, are you planning to paint any other parts of the car the same purple color? It's certainly an interesting color choice.

Harv_D_Johnson

First time reading this thread, and enjoy it so far. Did you get a decent price on that trans? 2 1/2 hour drive is a good long way. Also, what color was that replacement fender originally? Appears you painted it that purple color. And, are you planning to paint any other parts of the car the same purple color? It's certainly an interesting color choice.
Paid $400 for the trans. The fender was originally white. Just used purple to darken it up. Going to repaint the car the original color.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good progress. Are you going to freshen up the ls or leave it alone

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like a plan. Hard to beat a solid b16 imo

Harv_D_Johnson

Picked up and oem b16 intake manifold, b series shift linkage, and a t bracket today.

A small set back from about a week ago.

Harv_D_Johnson

Yeah. PA roads are filled with holes. Almost impossible to dodge them all.
It was back together in a few hours.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
glad to hear it's back together. My wife's CR-V broke the driver balljoint in Jan, then the passenger one broke in Feb! Luckily both times were at low speeds on residential streets.

Harv_D_Johnson

glad to hear it's back together. My wife's CR-V broke the driver balljoint in Jan, then the passenger one broke in Feb! Luckily both times were at low speeds on residential streets.
That sucks that both happened so close to each other.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yup. it just got totaled by the insurance company this weekend, due to a hit and run last month with an uninsured driver. So, balljoint work (as well as replacing both upper control arms, one axle and a brake line) all for nothing.

Harv_D_Johnson

Wow thats horrible. I don't know what I do if that happened to me since the civic jas a low value

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, the CR-V value was crap. Only got $3300 for it. Hard to find my wife another for around that price, but still looking. Too bad she doesn't drive manual, or she could borrow one of my Civics for a few days

Harv_D_Johnson

Finally ordered a window switch for the car[emoji41] Also order new wheel arches to fix my rust issue. [emoji106][emoji106]