1995civicdoug

95civicdoug

hey everyone im new to the site and im hoping someone here can add some insight into my headlight problem ,both headlights are not working but high beems and tail lights all work fine i noticed the problem because my radio turned itself of then dash lights dimed and warning lights flashed onthen off again then all of a sudden no low beem headlights ,any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does the car still run and drive?
It's odd that the tail lights and high beams work, but the radio turning off and dash lights dimming usually are the sign of the alternator dying and not recharging the battery.

95civicdoug

yes car runs great already tested alt and battery both are fine ,found one burnt out bulb in headlights but doesnt explain the other headlight being out as well and doesnt explain the other issues i mentioned

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Test or just replace fuse 15 under the dash. Did your speedometer go whacko too?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What year? Trim level? Anything aftermarket or modified?

In the future please put year, model, trim line, engine/trans, and any modifications/add ons done to the vehicle in every first post you make. Also the title of the thread should reflect what the actual question is. This is to help both yourself and the ones that are scrolling through that actually might drop in to help. You will get better information and responses if they know what you are asking and what you are working on.

95civicdoug

hi everyone sorry im knew to this site and wasnt sure how it worked ,so my car is a 95 civic ex with a 1.5 litre dohc 4door sedan stock with no modifications .Message for XpLOd3r tried and tested all fuses related to my headlights and still cannot pin point my issue

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmm. maybe the relay. check that also

I hate trying to diagnose electrical issues on the internet.

95civicdoug

i know and thanks for the input but could not find a headlight relay in my hanes manual or on honda parts website ,is there one ?

95civicdoug

solved headlight issue but still having short problem somewhere starts with radio shutting itself off then the headlights start flashing then dashlights dim hmmmm!!!puzzled

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wiring, also check ground wiring. Sometimes even checking around the battery wires can get crimped just by the holster for it being loose and the battery itself rubbing up against it.