Timing!?!?!?

94b20 hatch

so I'm pretty sure I messed mine up bothering with my dizzy. I know nothing about fixing it. I'm seeing there is ignition timing and cam timing. Can anyone point me towards a solid crash course on the two? I am planning on just replacing my belt and cams if I'm going to be working on it anyway as well as my head gasket while I'm in there. I have basic knowledge and am positive I'm capable of making the repairs needed. I just don't want to make anything worse.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what exactly did you do to the dizzy, did you just rotate it? if you pulled the dizzy off you might have rotated the dizzy timing 180 degrees out of time but im not sure you can start it like that.

94b20 hatch

That's what I thought. It has a rough start then climbs up to 3k and stays there. It also broke one side of the drive key on the dizzy but still starts and runs.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like a huge vacuum leak

94b20 hatch

I have no hissing or anything that could be leaking. I already checked my intake manifold,TV, iac, fiacv, and I only have two lines from my intake one is fpr, and the other my pcv which I checked.