Motor Swap Log

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The in correct chassis naming has become almost non existent on HT besides those with an actual EK from Japan or England. This site has alot more then HT

To answer Pmac: The honda community and those who are involved in it get a bad rap as it is.

Like I answered someone else regarding the EK thing.. Go on any other forum. You dont see people with an RS Camaro calling it an SS. This topic is an embarrassment as soon as some noob gets a key to a 96-00 civic, the 1st thing they learn is the incorrect chassis code for their ride and they actually think its an EK. They have no clue what an EJ or a real EK is or even know that its a part of the chassis code. So How am I going to take them seriously when they have no clue what they are doing.

Dont believe me, it went so far to Honda Tuning Magazine made an article about it.

December 2013 Road Rage - Honda Tuning Magazine
Sometime during the late 1990s somebody thought it would be a good idea to start calling Hondas and Acuras not by their given names but by a series of letters and numbers associated with their 17-digit vehicle identification numbers. Since then, forenames like EF, EG, EK, DA, and DC have been given to all manner of Civics and Integras, but more often than not, because of a particular Honda's country of origin, engine type, and layout, chassis codes can vary significantly between two otherwise seemingly similar cars Which means that most of the time, you're doing it wrong.

itzrivera

Yeah, I'm not really concerned with the whole EK EJ thing. Thats why I ignored the comment at first. It's an argument similar to wheels vs rims. At first I gave a s**t, because you should use the correct term. But then I realized I sounded like I had something up my ass correcting people over that type of s**t. So, I don't worry about it anymore.

The one thing I do correct people on is your vs you're, their and there hahaha

quick update: I have all the heater hoses in place. I just need to figure out where the evap canister hose will go as well as an additional tiny hose coming of the firewall. I also "glue'd" together the 4 sheets of metal (not sure what type) I have for the hole where the auto shifter was. Hopefully that is dry by today so I can mock that up and bolt it down.
And thanks for those who are actually checking this thread out lol

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The in correct chassis naming has become almost non existent on HT besides those with an actual EK from Japan or England. This site has alot more then HT
I don't wanna be that guy, but you have a sticky in your Civic/Del Sol section "What did I do to my EG / EK / Del Sol today" that very much includes more than just EG or EK chassis.. :what:

quick update: I have all the heater hoses in place. I just need to figure out where the evap canister hose will go as well as an additional tiny hose coming of the firewall. I also "glue'd" together the 4 sheets of metal (not sure what type) I have for the hole where the auto shifter was. Hopefully that is dry by today so I can mock that up and bolt it down.
And thanks for those who are actually checking this thread out lol
Nice! Almost there. I had to use a dremel and cut out a bunch of rust in that area. I had to dremel out the automatic shifter because the bolts were so rusted.

Did you end up putting a clutch safety switch in? Otherwise you can turn the car on without pushing the clutch down. It was never a big deal for me, with the exception of that time I still had my automatic car starter in and pressed it accidentally.....

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol.. yep.. i know all about it.

We have alot of members from Europe which have EK's is the response i got.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol.. yep.. i know all about it.

We have alot of members from Europe which have EK's is the response i got.
Haha, fair enough. I admit I went looking for trouble on that one. :lol:

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont believe me, it went so far to Honda Tuning Magazine made an article about it.

December 2013 Road Rage - Honda Tuning Magazine
As a shrinking community I think it's important to not sweat the small stuff like chassis codes. Having members who enjoy interacting and posting up their progress is key. If they care to memorize every Honda paint code in existence that's great too.

Plus this is the tech section and comments (like my own) should be left in off topic.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
As a shrinking community I think it's important to not sweat the small stuff like chassis codes. Having members who enjoy interacting and posting up their progress is key. If they care to memorize every Honda paint code in existence that's great too.

Plus this is the tech section and comments (like my own) should be left in off topic.
Well the EK hatch isnt so bad.. Its the EK coupe that has my mystified. Ek coupes are elusive as the EM hatch!

Since this is a tech section.. Im sure the mods can do a little clean up ITT

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If @itzrivera wants me to clean this up I'm more than willing to do so. :thumbs up

itzrivera

Nah, the thread is fine as is. I did forget, though, that this is in the tech section. So, I'll be sure to include more technical pics and explanations, once I upload pics from my phone to flickr.

Update: I got all hoses hooked up as well as prepd the new fan and rad. Go those in, added coolant, and attached the intake from my old integra. Got the battery in and tried to start it up! but, nothing. It just cranks and cranks.

If I make time tonight, I will check for spark at the plugs, power at the dizzy, fuel coming through etc. I'm afraid it might be my timing, as my timing belt is tighter on the firewall side than the exhaust mani side. I'm going to check everything one by one to [hopefully] find the problem.

itzrivera

GOT IT RUNNING!!!

I finally feel that I've conquered my fear of cars and working on them out* of fear of breaking more than I try to fix.

The reason it would only crank, but not start was because the fuel pump was not getting any power. Turns out I forgot to connect the green plug next the ECU. That green plug carries signal from the engine bay to the ECU, then some of that goes to the main relay which sends power to the fuel pump (thats how I believe it works).

Plugged that in, instantly had power to the fuel pump. Turned the key and the car started! One of the injectors had a damaged o-rings so gas was pissing everywhere. Swapped injectors, w/ one w/ a good o-ring and no more leaks.

I have to put the interior together and make it look pretty now. Pics sometime this week, i promise

itzrivera

^^ never saw this, but yes. So many little things make a big difference. example: the vss wasn't working and was throwing a code, turns out the middle pin in the connector wasn't seated properly. I'm guessing with the vibration of the engine it would work its way out of the connector lol

Well, sorry for not getting pics up, but I will try asap. Big update though, finally got all the check engine codes cleared, got her running right, aside from the tps which I'm prob going to upgrade to a name brand. My pops is going to drive her to the inspection station today so I can a fresh inspection sticker!

It took me 1 year and 2 months of sporadic work on the weekends, and waiting on parts to finally get it 100% road legal, but I'm excited. I can finally park the rsx and use the hatch as a daily :mrgreen: