91 hatch radio problem

BringMeThyPizza

I bought this car a few months ago, and have been suspicious about the guy saying that the radio was professionally installed. It didn't even have the head in a din slot. It just slid around in there. So, I recently disconnected all of the crappy wires that the guy had installed for a sub. Believe me, it was jury-rigged up. I pulled the head unit out to find out that the idiot didn't use a wiring harness. He just hacked off the harness. Well anyhow, I noticed after I did this, my left driver speaker was barely audible. Even with the balance set all the way to the left. I looked and saw that all the wires were hooked up to the right places, except the Constant 12v + and a white/green wire.

And on top of that, sometimes the car's acc will stay on until I turn the deck on to standby or take it out.

Any suggestions?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go to the junkyard and cut another radio harness out from another 88-95, Civic or Crx. 86-93 Integra should be the same as well.
Splice that back into the car as it should be, reinstall radio and see where you're at then.

http://installdr.com/Harnesses/HA-Wiring.asp

BringMeThyPizza

Thanks for the reply. I am in my car atm trying to work with what this guy had. I can't seem to find the 12v switched power wire. Everywhere says Yellow w/red stripe. I can't find a wire like that. I see a red w/yellow wire. Maybe I'm over looking it, but that's where I am at right now.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
12V Switched Power - White/Green
12V Constant Power - White/Blue
Illumination/Dimmer - Red/Black

Chassis Ground - Black
Left Front(+) - Blue/Green