Can't find decent D16y8 Intake Manifold Gasket

Spyro

5+ Year Member
Hi guys, I took my engine out to change some seals that were leaking and clean it up a bit. I just hit 100k miles on it. I'm having a hard time trying to get a decent intake manifold gasket to keep it cool like the Hondata ones do. The problem with Hondata ones is that they fit every other d series except for mine, which requires me to block off the extra passage at the top of the intake manifold which i'm trying to avoid. Obviously last resort would be just trying to get an OEM or Fel-pro from the parts store. What do you guys think and suggest? Any other good brands out there? I'd like to keep the intake nice and cool

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
look at P2R and maybe Blox:what:

Spyro

5+ Year Member
Yeah I've looked at Blox, almost the same story with those, and I've seen P2R on the web, but I wasn't sure if it was a trusty brand material wise. Thanks.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm assuming you have a 99-00 d16y8? I'm pretty sure someone makes them but I did accidentally buy the gasket for a 96-98 y8, I just ended up plugging the air injection holes. If you don't want to do that I'm sure you could swap to a 96-98 manifold or maybe even cut your own gasket if you can find a piece of the same material

dmuney

Hi guys, I took my engine out to change some seals that were leaking and clean it up a bit. I just hit 100k miles on it. I'm having a hard time trying to get a decent intake manifold gasket to keep it cool like the Hondata ones do. The problem with Hondata ones is that they fit every other d series except for mine, which requires me to block off the extra passage at the top of the intake manifold which i'm trying to avoid. Obviously last resort would be just trying to get an OEM or Fel-pro from the parts store. What do you guys think and suggest? Any other good brands out there? I'd like to keep the intake nice and cool
Why not just use the one you mentioned but open the passage it blocks off( cut hole in gasket)

Spyro

5+ Year Member
I just bought p2r for now, but I will look into possibly cutting the other one out, I can outline it from the original

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know shaun from P2R and had my ride tuned on his dyno.. i use his tb gasket. Been decent quality so far.. no complaints