The Relationship Thread

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I have a friend I have known for 10 years. We went on a coffee date first, just to get to know each other a bit. We agreed to a second "real" dinner and a movie date. Over dinner, something in my gut just told me he wasn't the guy for me. So I immediately friend-zoned him. Over the years I have seen this man get crushed on by damn near every type of woman out there. He even went as low as dating someone out of his league. Knowing him now after all these years, I would have strangled him had I tried to get involved with him. He is the sweetest guy too, but the women here in Chicago string him along until they realize he isn't made of money or as successful as the clothes he wears. He took the Tom approach of things when he turned 36. Changed his attitude around, clothes, type of cars he drives, job positions, dyes his hair, veneers, teeth whiting, got involved with different charities/projects... the works! And still at 43 he's stuck with a thumb up his ass. His last girlfriend lasted 2 months in 2009. She was banging one of the his friends from NIU.

I'd probably rate him a 4 out of 10 looks wise, but a genuine guy with a heart of gold, he is a 10.
So you're confirming it takes a hard d**k and a fat wallet to keep Chicago girls. Copy that.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Got drinks with friend-zone and my housemate last night after our golf league. Night went smooth, but she texted me later on saying she almost asked me to come cuddle with her for the night... maybe this friend zone thing is starting to lift. :what:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got drinks with friend-zone and my housemate last night after our golf league. Night went smooth, but she texted me later on saying she almost asked me to come cuddle with her for the night... maybe this friend zone thing is starting to lift. :what:
When are you going to learn? Get the f**k away from her. Delete her from your life and move on dude!

Youre never gonna find somebody with that chick in your life

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
When are you going to learn? Get the f**k away from her. Delete her from your life and move on dude!

Youre never gonna find somebody with that chick in your life
I'm 25, we won't be around each other forever, I'm not actively looking, and I'm f**king determined. ;)

But... I am driving an hour to go wine tasting / cliff jumping (weather permitting) with another chick on Sunday. I am also her date to her brothers wedding in July, and we've been talking almost every day for the last couple months. Issue is, she is an hour away, but shes cool as f**k, and going to soon be a Dr. to become a Chiropractor. A 6/10 in looks (aka larger than me, but I'm skinny), compared to friend-zone who I think is a 9.5/10. (I reserve 10 for the women who make you realize life is not fair).

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm 25, we won't be around each other forever, I'm not actively looking, and I'm f**king determined. ;)

But... I am driving an hour to go wine tasting / cliff jumping (weather permitting) with another chick on Sunday. I am also her date to her brothers wedding in July, and we've been talking almost every day for the last couple months. Issue is, she is an hour away, but shes cool as f**k, and going to soon be a Dr. to become a Chiropractor. A 6/10 in looks (aka larger than me, but I'm skinny), compared to friend-zone who I think is a 9.5/10. (I reserve 10 for the women who make you realize life is not fair).
An hour away isn't so bad. My girlfriend, who I met from tinder, is a little over an hour drive from my house. But then again, I don't think a 6/10 would be worth the gas every week! I say don't give up on the chick you are in the friend zone with. Seems like you are on the way out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
An hour away isn't so bad. My girlfriend, who I met from tinder, is a little over an hour drive from my house. But then again, I don't think a 6/10 would be worth the gas every week! I say don't give up on the chick you are in the friend zone with. Seems like you are on the way out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Theres never a way out of the friendzone. Even if u actually date her, she will still use you and you will take it cuz u want to be with her so bad. Not worth it EVER!

Oh and your gf is f**king hot bro!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, I met this girl an hour away through Tinder also. Her family is local, so she comes home from time to time, and that's when we see each other. I've never been up her way before, but will be on Sunday. I'm going to keep at it with friend-zone -- I can't pass down an opportunity to get with a former third runner up for Miss New York. :shock: I won't wait forever though..

Pics of said GF
:werd:

Theres never a way out of the friendzone. Even if u actually date her, she will still use you and you will take it cuz u want to be with her so bad. Not worth it EVER!
Buddy of mine was in a friend zone for years. They are now engaged, and he's happy (I think haha)... :what:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is where the importance of proper spelling comes in.

You'd rather rent it, then buy it...or you'd rather rent it than buy it. English, high tech s**t.
"Ah English. My native tongue..."

-Drillbit Taylor

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like turtles.

Don't mind me, just continuing on at 21 years old in my almost 7 year relationship. :cool: