Dashboard Noise

hciv1472

Hello everyone,
I have a 2014 Ex coupe

I was just wondering if anybody out there has had a rattle/buzzing noise coming from the passenger side of the dashboard. I can't pinpoint it and I definitely didn't drop any objects. I called the dealership and they said they can't guarantee they will find it and said they may have to take the dash out and then it might create more noises. It occurs over rough roads but doesn't have to be really rough and it occurs when hitting the gas. It is definitely interior and it doesn't occur all the time but most of the time. I have heard it could be plastics or harnesses etc... It doesn't sound like a screw lose. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I like to add that it wasn't doing this when new last year. Thank you, Chris

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have some drive while you sit in the pass seat and look for noise.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes.. look for noise.. youve already heard it. Now find it

If this confuses you.. then just bring to dealer and have someone who can find the noise do it.

hciv1472

Yes.. look for noise.. youve already heard it. Now find it

If this confuses you.. then just bring to dealer and have someone who can find the noise do it.
Im sorry if I came across as being a smart @$$, I am just frustrated with it and really just wanted replies from people who have had the same type of noise from the same location because like I said in the original message, the dealer might be able to pinpoint but also might have to take the dashboard out to try and find the exact location and I don't want that. If I knew from somebody that had the same problem it might make the fix easier.
Thank You

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The location of the noise could be a multitude of things. If you do not know exactly what is causing the noise, these folks are giving you the suggestion of an easier solution to take it in and have a shop directly do your dirty work. You have to give us credit for trying to troubleshoot without physically being in your car with you. We are not certified master mechanics nor mind readers. But a video of said noise might help...

It could be something in the door.
It could be under the hood near the firewall.
It could be in the dash.
It could be under the dash.
It could be under the carpeting.
It could be in a rear quarter panel.
Is it under the steering column?
Is it behind the glove box?
Is it coming from near the climate controls?
Is it coming from the vents?

Be a detective. Go searching.

hciv1472

The location of the noise could be a multitude of things. If you do not know exactly what is causing the noise, these folks are giving you the suggestion of an easier solution to take it in and have a shop directly do your dirty work. You have to give us credit for trying to troubleshoot without physically being in your car with you. We are not certified master mechanics nor mind readers. But a video of said noise might help...

It could be something in the door.
It could be under the hood near the firewall.
It could be in the dash.
It could be under the dash.
It could be under the carpeting.
It could be in a rear quarter panel.
Is it under the steering column?
Is it behind the glove box?
Is it coming from near the climate controls?
Is it coming from the vents?

Be a detective. Go searching.
I just want to know if people had a noise from that side of the dashboard on a 2014 civic ex coupe and what it was and how they corrected it, AND as I stated the dealership said they just want to pull the dashboard off to find it SO I was figuring if anybody out there had a noise from the passenger side area of the dashboard so AGAIN I could have a idea what it might be and how I could rectify it without tearing up the interior! Once again don't mean to come across as being smart but I just want to hear from someone that had a noise from that side of the dashboard and what it was and how they fixed. I already know I can take it to the dealership and I already know it could be anything BUT if AGAIN somebody has had a noise from that side of the dashboard can you please reply!!!! Thank you very much