RainStorm Issues

MiniMeRatrod

Respected

1. was just driving my 95 ej1, its basicaly a d15 mini me, injen intake, skunk2 4-2-1 exhaust.

Its an obd2 with alot of electrical issues when i baught it (has a rebuild title) and even had scotch tape on parts of the harness, i repaired all the wiring i could find in an interior tear down and got all issues sorted out as far as a know.

but now after and during a quick rip to the store in the rain my lights dimmed, then got too bright, then dimmed, then my tach and speedo whent shakey finaly leading to all my voltage gone. Made it home where the car died.

It did it a few weeks ago in rain but less violently. I cant find any issues with the wiring and its a brand new alternator... any idea guys??

thanks

Attachments

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like a ground issue. You sure you fixed all the wiring? How are the main grounds? Contacts clean and clear?

MiniMeRatrod

Respected
I live for grounds, i redid the main ground with all new connectors and 0 gauge wires, i mean over killed the grounds. positive to fuse box is new, alternator wires are tight...

the tstat ground already got me so thats all new.

Thanks for the fast reply

Sounds like a ground issue. You sure you fixed all the wiring? How are the main grounds? Contacts clean and clear?

MiniMeRatrod

Respected
Solves itself after drying out for a few hours, but it rains alot here lol

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ELD will throw a specific CEL code. Have you scanned the vehicle?

Yes it is replaceable. Google it, there is a video on youtube how to replace it.

MiniMeRatrod

Respected
okay, and yeah no codes, no cel or engine light, apsalutely nothing.

mabye the eld is getting wet. or its simply a garbage alternator

MiniMeRatrod

Respected
It did it today and it was sunny allday. lost alternator power.
Checked
All fuses
took off and cleaned all grounds, and positive conections
I also took my underhood fuse box off and theres no eld. Just the 4 big plugs in the back. this is driving me nuts.
Also just put on a brand new battery yesterday. alternators about 2 months old
Any ideas?