Parts questions....

Puff0028

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have 95 dx coupe an a 92 si hatch I want to put the sunroof from the hatch into the coupe and want to know if it's possible.

I'm also putting on the si rear discs on the coupe.

Also can I fit the dash from the hatch into the coupe as it doesn't have airbags? I haven't measured yet digging out the cars since the snow is gone now.

Dunno weather to put the y8 with a p06 ecu in the coupe or the H23 I have laying around that's complete with everything (not looking for performance... Yet just drivability). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I've been out of the scene for 6-7 years now due to having kids just getting back into it now.

Last edited:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have 95 dx coupe an a 92 si hatch I want to put the sunroof from the hatch into the coupe and want to know if it's possible.

I'm also putting on the si rear discs on the coupe.

Also can I fit the dash from the hatch into the coupe as it doesn't have airbags? I haven't measured yet digging out the cars since the snow is gone now.
Sunroof:
Yes, but you need to have someone who is experienced at installing one put it in to help keep leaks and rust from being an issue.

Brakes
There is a how to for that....
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=4129

92-95 Civic dash are the same across the lineup....
'92-93 being the only models without a passenger airbag.

Puff0028

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.

Now to get striping. I was just going to cut the roof out of the hatch to put in the coupe as it's somewhat dented instead of just cutting a sunroof hole. But I'll get into when I start a thread on my builds again.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Theres others who have cut out the roof to replace it. If they can do it, it can be done. Idk if the wiring is there for the sunroof tho

The dash should just swap over

Puff0028

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah OK I've got a Si I'm using for parts. I'm trying to see if the roof opens and closes by grounding the motor wires and supplying power to the green/yellow, green/red but nothing happened so i'm not sure if I had it hooked up right or not. Waiting on a Buddy to show up with a saw for the car =) try and get it open before I cut the roof out lol

Puff0028

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the wiring diagram but when I supply power nothing works.

Here's what I have to work with.

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Separate the roof skins and put the whole thing in or it will leak.

Dash swaps right over.

All of this has been covered a million times. Search search search.

Puff0028

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the wiring diagram but when I supply power nothing works.

Here's what I have to work with.
I'm using just a car battery/charger since the rest of the wiring was MIA so any ideas on how to properly power it would help thanks. I've gone by the diagrams I've found but still no go

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can't use a car charger. They are for charging and don't put out the required voltage/amps. You need a battery with at LEAST 12 volts in it for that motor to turn. Either charge your battery fully or get a good one from another car. Also keep a fire extinguisher near as what you are doing is dangerous without a proper fused wire.