XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My generic no-name exhaust from eBay complemented my turbo VERY nicely. With that being said, I would not buy generic exhaust for an N/A car. Why? A turbo will make any s**t exhaust (most generic ebay ones) sound much better. It just does. The downside: rust.

I recently purchased an Invidia N1 from the ClubCivic store and it's by far the best sounding exhaust I've ever had sans the stock G35 exhaust.

Alsooooo, since nobody will actually come out and say this... For those of you saying ebay isn't a brand it's a site... no s**t, Shirley. We all know what people mean when they say "an ebay exhaust", lets be real here. Same thing when someone says "ebay turbo", we know they just mean generic / knock-off / cheap. Sooo stop giving the dude a hard time. :roll:

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well the typical ebay exhaust is chinese crap with thin metal and half assed welds.

not to mention the grapefruit shooter muffler.

I still dont know why people spend 200+ for an Apexi muffler when the typical 80.00 unit works just as good if not better.

Lettuce420

Respected
Update. I ordered the DNA full header back kit and looks good out of the box. The muffler looks a little cheap, but it is an inexpensive kit. The installation was not bad came with all install hardware and gaskets. It fit very nice and sturdy. It took my wife and I about 2 1/2 hours to install using basic hand tools a pair of ramps and a jack. So if your manifold is split this is a cost effective option. The only downfall is now I sound like a pissed off bumble bee lol. I guess we will see how it holds up its been a week since install and no issues yet.
Ebay for the win on this one. Thanks for all the advise

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ebay for the win of pissed off bumble bees... soundslike nothing has changed

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
iv had mufflers off ebay, and never once had a issue, they sounded good too. im not going to pay 600 bucks for a exhaust , sorry they can suck my ballz

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^
Amen to that!

My 3" kit was around 160 shipped, then i added my own resonators and muffler. Savings!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The sound of saving 500 bucks on something that makes your car slower no matter the amount spent always sounds awesome

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So many people say these cheap generic exhausts sound "good" yet hardly any of them describe the sound. Conversely, many people with a quality exhaust take some time to describe the sound. Coincidence? I think not.

The last time I recall an ebay exhaust owner describing their sound, it came off like an obnoxious ricer sound. Hence, "sounds good" is a widely objective statement on forums and should mean nothing unless you trust the source.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
All of mine had deep tones , not raspy at all. Ebay fart can, custom exhaust from cat, with cheap aftermarket resi. Zero problems . bought a buddy club exhaust for my 95 sedan. Worst exhaust ever.

It was horrid

Had a greddy evo2 on my coupe. Loud and raspy

Last edited by a moderator:

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well Buddy Club states that its ment for a track, so they didnt put much sound control r&d.. i looked into it years ago.

I still chuckle at people advising on a ws2 muffler which is $200+ and doesnt do anything more then a $80 vibrant.

I used to use magnaflow, but since the muffler rusted and their crappy stainless blend, along with poor customer service , i went to vibrant.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lol i learned the expensive way. Never again did i blow money on that s**t again

Ws2 is a pile of overpriced garbage

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ws2 universal mufflers are garbage, and the straight through ws2 muffler doesn't cut sound any better than most decently baffled mufflers. The non centered ws2 muffler is a different story as far as sound control, and a full ws2 exhaust has one detail that most don't realize that makes it so quiet. The piping has an inner piping as well which keeps the decibels so low along with the non straight through muffler. It's also thermal coated. The current market price for it is insane, but when everyone loved a N1 style canister, ws2 full exhausts used to cost 300 bucks shipped like the little yonaka wannabe ws2 Today.

Terrell Russell

I actually just ordered a spec-D tuning exhaust for 100$ hopefully it's good, made if stainless steel so it should last a lifetime. Hopefully it fits to (probably have some type of dumb problem) hopefully it bolts up right. You can get a full exaust system from them for 200$ not really sure about the manifold that comes with it because someone's cracked like 2 months later prolly go with something that cost a bit more then 100$you can get there stuff of "car id" or Amazon

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I actually just ordered a spec-D tuning exhaust for 100$ hopefully it's good
Probably not, you get what you pay for.

Poor quality steel, crappy welds, poor fitment and probably even worse sound....high pitched weed whacker and bumble bees....

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
My generic no-name exhaust from eBay complemented my turbo VERY nicely. With that being said, I would not buy generic exhaust for an N/A car. Why? A turbo will make any s**t exhaust (most generic ebay ones) sound much better. It just does. The downside: rust.

I recently purchased an Invidia N1 from the ClubCivic store and it's by far the best sounding exhaust I've ever had sans the stock G35 exhaust.

Alsooooo, since nobody will actually come out and say this... For those of you saying ebay isn't a brand it's a site... no s**t, Shirley. We all know what people mean when they say "an ebay exhaust", lets be real here. Same thing when someone says "ebay turbo", we know they just mean generic / knock-off / cheap. Sooo stop giving the dude a hard time. :roll:
A turbo is the best muffler, period.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Fact lol

Sent from my eye phone

Terrell Russell

Well I don't want to just say anything wild because I don't know if it's going to be good or not. But I did watch a couple videos on the muffler it's self and it sounds pretty good not loud as hell or shitty sounding it sounded pretty good to me. Hopefully I get the same quality. Now fitment yeah I could agree with you on that because who knows it's an aftermarket piece.