endo617's 98 Civic LX Project: Balance

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
So $250 later, ugh. Good news block should be done by Friday. Next AutoX is at the end of May.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Better hurry up haha
I have enough time thankfully.

Last piece to the puzzle came in, tomorrow I'll be working on the suspension. Can't wait to put the Buddy Clubs back on.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The progress is awesome here!

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
The progress is awesome here!
Thanks man

Here it is guys, everything came out nicely. Love the ride quality now with all the new bushings and spherical pillow mounts. Only thing left is front LCA bushings and my SPC camber kit. Might change out the rear UCA bushings too but its debatable. All preloads were set to Buddy Club specs so nothing is off at all.

Old broken cartridge and new.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Looks good, Jesus.
Thanks broskie

I'm getting the engine ready, installed the ARP studs, cometic gasket with copper gasket spray, and head was torque down. Wanting a few more gaskets to come in the mail. Engine swap should be this Saturday.

Bought a brand new Craftsman torque wrench just for this.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Tomorrow hopefully I start the engine swap, did some final add-ons. I'm missing a lot of stuff but that's because it on my be B20 right now. Cut the valve cover, need to get my Dremel to clean the cuts.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks broskie

I'm getting the engine ready, installed the ARP studs, cometic gasket with copper gasket spray, and head was torque down. Wanting a few more gaskets to come in the mail. Engine swap should be this Saturday.

Bought a brand new Craftsman torque wrench just for this.

Ugh! pistons need some love!

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Ugh! pistons need some love!
They are not that bad.

Engine is in, sorry no pics. When I do work like this I forget to take pics and even eat food, lol. Even though I reused all the sensor off the b20 I took, it's running better and maintaining the proper voltage at all times. Ordered a used GSR crank pulley and my belt was too big. Went to Autozone and they couldn't find one smaller but turns out on the website it shows up and not on there in-store system. New throttle bracket came in and ordered a bunch new stuff.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Went to the salvage yard to get some body parts, paint is coming real soon now that the engine and suspension are solid it's on to the aesthetics

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Much needed Hard Race sway bar bushings came in, they clank every bump. Heat Barrier came in, :( wrong ones though, I need stronger one for what I'm doing. Lastly my Eastwood Rust Ecapsulator spray that I'm using before the paint, its supposed to be the best for painting over and rust prevention.

Last edited:

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Valvetrain got loud out of nowhere, valve lash is perfect. I ordered S2 LMA because I got $10 off from a coupon. Super happy, my buddy had some AEM new old stock pulleys laying around for 6 years lol, his giving them to me. Finally, like I said it's time for aesthetic mods and bought some folding mirrors for the 4 door.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Clutch and Heat Barrier came in, DEI 10x10 inch only $8. I wanted a Spoon Heat Barrier, but DEI is just as good. Just have to paint the oil now.