how much does dealerships get the si for

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliendemon

Hey I was curious on how much dealerships get the new 2014 si for this will be my first honda civic si and and if maybe I can get a dealership to sell it for the price they get it for

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol. You will NEVER get it at cost. If they sold s**t at cost how would they stay in business?

StuG_Lyfe

Your best bet is to go in and see what sticker price is and make an offer based on that minus a few thousand. lethal is right though. The stealership is a business and if they don't make any money on a car they're not doing something right. Last time we had someone ask to buy a vehicle at cost they were politely told that we would refuse to sell to them

andrewthesith

Darth "The Si" Vader
you better go to the grocery store while you're at it and get some food @ cost, too. lolz

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aliendemon, negotiating a new car purchase with a dealership is not like bargaining with someone on Craigslist. They have costs they will cover on each sale, which usually will entail at least $2000-$3000 per vehicle. That profit number will increase depending on the buyers gullibility or negotiating prowess. Be advised that 2015 models are already out so, if you happen to come across a 2014 model in a lot, it will likely be as low a price as it may get due to their necessity to move it.

djroadking

Am close to doing this myself... My 97 EX is about to go. Mainly rusting away and it just recently hit 180k. When you do go to the dealer be sure to mention a few other cars to that you have in mind. Gives em a little bit of a reason to haggle.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe I can get a dealership to sell it for the price they get it for
Bonehead statement of the year...

Why would they do that for you and make 0 money off the car?
Kind of defeats the purpose of being in business?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
He bought a 2011...and guess what...he didn't get it for what they paid for it. :lol:

/thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.