CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn thats crazy! are you getting back on the rollers to finish the tune with the new fuel pump? im hyped to see how you modify the arc box. how close does that front corner come to hitting the hood? Also i like that seat. i was contemplating getting one for my dc2 but i was afraid i wasnt going to like the way it felt.
What we're going to do is wait until I get ahold of a damn intake manifold before we put it back on the dyno and up the revs. For the ARC, it's going to be pretty easy. The only thing we need to do it cut the original welded aluminum piece off the end and weld on my 3.5" piping and a have a 45* turn at the end to meet the coupler. The corner of the ARC box clears the hood no problem. The bracket the box gets bolted to has a slotted section to allow for more clearance.

I really like this new bucket seat. I probably should've waited for a wide one, but this still feels nice and comfortable to me. I thought it might be a little rough since there are no separate cushions, but the built in memory foam makes it really nice.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
ahhhh yeah a new manifold would be a sick addition for your setup. and i thought it looked awesome now but with a manifold and the arc box its gonna look pretty unique. if youre ever interested in selling your rbc manifold let me know. another question: i also have a wireworx over the vc harness and was considering the k tuned ram header. did you have any problems keeping the harness from the side of the header and if so, what did you use to hold it away?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ahhhh yeah a new manifold would be a sick addition for your setup. and i thought it looked awesome now but with a manifold and the arc box its gonna look pretty unique. if youre ever interested in selling your rbc manifold let me know. another question: i also have a wireworx over the vc harness and was considering the k tuned ram header. did you have any problems keeping the harness from the side of the header and if so, what did you use to hold it away?
No problems at all with keeping the harness from the header. I didn't even have to zip tie it down or do anything crazy to keep it to the side. Daily drove, no problems with it ever.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
awesome thats reassuring. thanks for the help man i really appreciate it. it always looked like the runners came really close to that side of the vc and i didnt want to melt my harness lol. the mid range power you made with your original setup was awesome and im assuming that header played a part in that, along with that throttle body and the health of your young ass motor. ill be putting my k24 into a slightly heavier dc chassis so id like to make as much midrange as i can. plus i just love the way that header looks

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome thats reassuring. thanks for the help man i really appreciate it. it always looked like the runners came really close to that side of the vc and i didnt want to melt my harness lol. the mid range power you made with your original setup was awesome and im assuming that header played a part in that, along with that throttle body and the health of your young ass motor. ill be putting my k24 into a slightly heavier dc chassis so id like to make as much midrange as i can. plus i just love the way that header looks
The 80mm on the RBC helped out the most in the midrange. I had a huge increase in power down low after adding the 80mm.

The header does sit pretty close to the valve cover, but it doesn't cause any issues, and the harness can drape down the back side of the engine with no issues.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man that thing is flying idk if I'll have the balls to go that fast once mines is done but sure as hell does look fun.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn son! Hit like 140?

I love how when it shifts it's still in the stock tach's redline.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn son! Hit like 140?

I love how when it shifts it's still in the stock tach's redline.
140 lol....let off just under 170. I'll have to pull a datalog one day to post. Last line on the stock cluster is 130, which is actually like 127 with my 16's on the car. I can't wait until my retune, so we can finally spin it up to 9k +

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nothing exciting going on, just me taking pics of the same old stuff as usual. Did my oil changes and i've been driving it daily still instead of using the TL lol. I can't leave this thing alone.

I have the muffler using just one hanger at the muffler section because my second vband was lent to another car that needed it asap at the moment, so once I get around to installing the vband at pipe section that goes over the LCA, i'll get the muffler mounted on both sides and properly centered.

everything looking so purty inside

fresh oil and another s2k oil filter in place

swapped out waternecks for this build...very small cosmetic design change on the neck, and i switched the water outlet to the straight version to help with fitment of the ARC box. Also staying to form lol, I polished the waterneck face.

everything back together

Going to swap shift knobs in a little bit

and since I put in the new bucket, i had to get new hardware to go with it. I threw in my brand new oem floor mats....I desperately need to get a new set of carpet!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With as much time and money that you've invested into this project I can't say I blame you :lol:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With as much time and money that you've invested into this project I can't say I blame you :lol:
haha. yeah, I can't just sit and look at it and be happy. I'd rather drive it like hell and use the TL when I need it. I don't think this car is something I'll keep forever, but modifying is something I'm sure I'll do forever.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So, now that I'm pulling the Si off of daily duty, I'm really looking at a bucket. Of course it is the Buddy Club as you now have. They look great and seem to be right for their money. Being that I havent really been around many buckets, I'm trying to get a feel for fit. I sat in a couple Corbeau and Recaro seats this weekend at Honda Day and they werent too bad for fit. I really wish I could have met one of the two owners that had the new P1 seats so maybe I could have stolen a test fit.

So, what seat did you get, regular or large/wide? I'm right at 6ft and about 195lbs. 34in seats with a waist the same lead me to think I'll need the wide as the 34's I've sat in were just a bit more snug that I should be sitting. Thanks for any help you can provide!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, now that I'm pulling the Si off of daily duty, I'm really looking at a bucket. Of course it is the Buddy Club as you now have. They look great and seem to be right for their money. Being that I havent really been around many buckets, I'm trying to get a feel for fit. I sat in a couple Corbeau and Recaro seats this weekend at Honda Day and they werent too bad for fit. I really wish I could have met one of the two owners that had the new P1 seats so maybe I could have stolen a test fit.

So, what seat did you get, regular or large/wide? I'm right at 6ft and about 195lbs. 34in seats with a waist the same lead me to think I'll need the wide as the 34's I've sat in were just a bit more snug that I should be sitting. Thanks for any help you can provide!
We're around the same size, im just a little taller but a smaller waist. I have the regular size seat. If you felt the recaros were snug, you'll surely want the wide version of the buddy club buckets. I love the feel of this new bucket and it is a pretty snug fit on me, but that's how I prefer my seats.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Holy balls you crazy man! 170mph.. that thing is ripppppppppppppppping!

Wireworx harness or Rywire? I forget.. debating on which to get for my build..

Those pics though./.:thumbs up

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holy balls you crazy man! 170mph.. that thing is ripppppppppppppppping!

Wireworx harness or Rywire? I forget.. debating on which to get for my build..

Those pics though./.:thumbs up
haha, it got scary at that point, the front started to lift a little bit. It's hard to hear over the music, but you can hear me feather the throttle a little bit at the end before I backed out of it lol.

I used a wireworx harness for my setup because that was the only 100% plug and play engine and conversion harness available at the time for K series. Both wireworx and rywire are top notch. I actually want to get another harness because I wish I didn't cheap out and get the basic one. Now I want the Raychem and firewall disconnect and so on. live and learn.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks Kerry. I was thinking the wide would be the way to go, but I just don't want a sloppy seat...haha. I like the seat to be nice and snug, but there needs to be a level of comfort as well for those times of extended seat time, but not to the detriment of the function of the seat.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good to see her back.
yes indeed!!!

Well, I got a little more testing and touch ups done to the tune. I was going to wait, but I felt something was missing. I haven't tried to browse all the untouched RBC manifold builds yet, but I feel for my setup, that I've reached the full potential of my unported RBC. I went back on the dyno to finish touching up the tune after replacing my stock fuel pump with a walbro 255lph. The top end was very rich, which made sense because we had to keep adding more and more fuel with the stock pump before noticing fuel pressure drop like a rock.

baseline pull with no changes to my tune that made 267whp on the stock fuel pump, only netted 254whp with the 255lph installed and a pretty drastic fall off after peak. We again only revved the car to 8100 rpm. After tuning the upper range (below vtec didn't need any attention) peak power rose to 270whp even. Biggest increase was a 32whp gain just before redline!!!
Currently 268whp @8000rpm, compared to 236whp @8000rpm prior to the retune.

I believe I won't be squeezing more power out of this RBC without porting it (which I don't plan on doing, so sorry for those interested in that testing). Peak power was made each time at the same rpm for the last 3 setups for me.

stock port rbc with 70mm port matched tb
stock port rbc with 80mm port matched tb
stock port rbc with 80mm port matched tb with K600 camshafts

so I "believe" (i'm no pro engine mad scientist) that the plenum size, runners diameter, and runner length is maxed on my engine. I've seen ported RBC's make more power, whether if it was the runners, the plenum, or both. So that's why I think what I think so far. Next mod will be a big plenum intake manifold with no other changes, so I can have the most useful info possible. I'll upload pics for those on the first few sessions of hooked on phonics.