Questions about my Civic 1995 Turbo

tommiechje

Hey I own Honda Civic 1995 Coupe turbo built 1.4 bar . I bought it ready made.
Right now I own a BOV Tial 50mm that probably china type, it is not blowing off . There is only sound from the turbo when I full gas . when I just standing , there is a lot of air blowing off from the bov .
what BOV do you recommend?

second question , my turbo is T3 T4 57Trim 63 AR not Garret . probably china also(although there is engraving "Made in USA")
it has stainless steel mesh. I want to replace it to other filter but it's too big and it's can't get in there .
what's the 57trim 63 ar is saying? what adapter do I need for connecting pipe from turbo to air filter?

Attachments

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Hey I own Honda Civic 1995 Coupe turbo built 1.4 bar . I bought it ready made.
Right now I own a BOV Tial 50mm that probably china type, it is not blowing off . There is only sound from the turbo when I full gas . when I just standing , there is a lot of air blowing off from the bov .
what BOV do you recommend?

second question , my turbo is T3 T4 57Trim 63 AR not Garret . probably china also(although there is engraving "Made in USA")
it has stainless steel mesh. I want to replace it to other filter but it's too big and it's can't get in there .
what's the 57trim 63 ar is saying? what adapter do I need for connecting pipe from turbo to air filter?
Contradicting statements. I'm guessing your cheap BOV is seized, and the sound you are hearing in compressor surge. That will kill your turbo very quickly, so get a real Tial BOV ASAP.

The AR is the size of the turbine/compressor housing outlet in relation to the inlet (AR= Area/Radius)

You need an coupler that fits onto the compressor and an adapter to fit the filter you will have. You have the measure the compressor inlet outer diameter and filter outlet inner diameter and go from there.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a 50mm bov isnt going to make noise.

if you want one to make noise then you need to change it.

I used a TurboSmart Race Port because it didnt make noise. personally, i didnt want a noticeable BOV

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
a 50mm bov isnt going to make noise.

if you want one to make noise then you need to change it.

I used a TurboSmart Race Port because it didnt make noise. personally, i didnt want a noticeable BOV
I have to disagree, the Tial Q 50mm sounds like someone sneezing when it opens. Any 50mm opening with more than 5psi of pressure coming out of it is pretty audible. When he is standing still he doesn't have any road noise and can hear it clearer I'm guessing.

Either way this car probably isn't going to last long.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What wastegate are you running? How are the vacuum lines ran? Pull the bov apart and see if anything is seized inside or broken.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea your right about the sneezing sounds.. my race port was similar.. but subtle.

tommiechje

The BOV isn't seized . I checked it. I will replace it quickly. I see many recommendations about greddy's bov. what's the difference between the bovs?
I don't know what is this type wastegate but 38 mm external.
anyway I will isolate the pipes and update here
thanks for your answers

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does greddy even make BOVs anymore since they went out of business..? Or are they back in business? I dont follow the trendy jap companies.

Probably plenty of knocks offs. The Tial is a quality brand and would use it. You just need to make sure the boost line and vac line has a good source and use nice thick lines.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does greddy even make BOVs anymore since they went out of business..? Or are they back in business? I dont follow the trendy jap companies.

Probably plenty of knocks offs. The Tial is a quality brand and would use it. You just need to make sure the boost line and vac line has a good source and use nice thick lines.
Greddy is still in business.

Their bov is quality.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Greddy is still in business.

Their bov is quality.

This.

Their parent company Trust filed for the Japanese equivalent of chapter 11 bankruptcy and had to restructure. GReddy USA was never really affected. That is like Frito Lay or PepsiCo filing and Doritos not being affected.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
This.

Their parent company Trust filed for the Japanese equivalent of chapter 11 bankruptcy and had to restructure. GReddy USA was never really affected. That is like Frito Lay or PepsiCo filing and Doritos not being affected.
If Frito Lay or Pepsi went under the entire world would be like Mad Max in a week.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If Frito Lay or Pepsi went under the entire world would be like Mad Max in a week.
Naw. The offset companies would still run and would just be bought out by the next major company. Just like here if VAG went under, Porsche, Audi, Lambo, Bently, SEAT, Bugatti, Skoda, and Ducati wouldn't go down. Hell, I bet you VW wouldn't even go under. Just the parent company would go, but the individuals would just be bought by someone else or absorbed back into each other or another name would be created and another auto group started. Don't think it would ever get that far though.

s**t, look at Twinkie. Everyone freaked out because they were done and it only lasted a couple of months before someone bought the main company out and they are back on the shelves.

It is amazing how much FritoLay and Pepsi own though.