Input on swap

Vince214

I have a d16y7 and want to go to the DOHC vtec.

I love the B series vtec and want to do it big, what should I do? What motor should I get... I'm planning on building he block and head eagle rods and Pistons and Toda cams... I want to boost. Should I bore the block, hi compression Pistons or low? I'm stuck what should I do?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your wallet will let you know.

How far does the wallet allow you go?

Youve got big dreams, hope you have a big wallet

Vince214

Your wallet will let you know.

How far does the wallet allow you go?

Youve got big dreams, hope you have a big wallet

As of now 8,000 but I'm not in a rush to drop it in, just want to start buying parts

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your going to get a vtec motor then put vtec killer cams in? i dont even understand the reasoning behind those

Vince214

pick a power goal..

what will the car be used for?
6-700hp and be safe to abuse it and not worry about blowing the motor anytime after I compleat the build

He wants to be in VTEC 24/7 and get 9mpg.
It's going to be a track car I pull on my trailer

your going to get a vtec motor then put vtec killer cams in? i dont even understand the reasoning behind those
What kind Pistons should I put in I want to go boost

Read about it, for like a year.
Any tips where should I read to get more knowledge about what I should do?

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
welcome to the forum. Are you planning on doing the engine work and tuning yourself? If not, you may want to have a serious discussion with whoever is going to do the work, and get their opinion on parts. I'm assuming if you're having someone else do the work, they know what they're doing, and can give you practical advice in regards to your goals

Vince214

welcome to the forum. Are you planning on doing the engine work and tuning yourself? If not, you may want to have a serious discussion with whoever is going to do the work, and get their opinion on parts. I'm assuming if you're having someone else do the work, they know what they're doing, and can give you practical advice in regards to your goals
Yes I have a that has a shop and he will be the one that does the work, he gets discounts on certain brands/ companies... This being a civic forum I thought I could get the best of the best advice here

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whew. 700hp for a little civic is a lot. To be quite honest, I would recommend a K swap for that kind of power. Would probably be more reliable at that kind of power considering you are scared about blowing it after the build.

The reason he is recommending the shop to give you advice is because everyone is different and they are obviously going to have their ways of doing it and will more than likely negate the advice given here. Is this some dude out of his home shop or and actual reputable tuner shop? Getting that much power out of a civic motor without a good tuning shop is going to be very hard to accomplish. This much power is going to be deep pockets (likely more than your $8k budget) and a great builder. There is a lot to making this kind of power.

Google 700hp civic builds and see what they have done. It's a long expensive road.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
6-700hp and be safe to abuse it and not worry about blowing the motor anytime after I compleat the build

It's going to be a track car I pull on my trailer

What kind Pistons should I put in I want to go boost

Any tips where should I read to get more knowledge about what I should do?
Thanks for stating that in the original post, it's great when people give as much info as possible.

You're worried about blowing up a motor but you want to drag race and beat the hell out of it huh? You're into the wrong hobby there buddy.

Vince214

Whew. 700hp for a little civic is a lot. To be quite honest, I would recommend a K swap for that kind of power. Would probably be more reliable at that kind of power considering you are scared about blowing it after the build.

The reason he is recommending the shop to give you advice is because everyone is different and they are obviously going to have their ways of doing it and will more than likely negate the advice given here. Is this some dude out of his home shop or and actual reputable tuner shop? Getting that much power out of a civic motor without a good tuning shop is going to be very hard to accomplish. This much power is going to be deep pockets (likely more than your $8k budget) and a great builder. There is a lot to making this kind of power.

Google 700hp civic builds and see what they have done. It's a long expensive road.
He has his own shop and website www.bh-factory.com they would put the motor together but send it out to get machined he does tuning but told me about a guy at a shop called rms Texas is the best in the area that he knows of tuning Hondas

But yeah the 8k is what I have now to start buying parts, and I'm in no rush, I hear you about the k series but but I really prefer B

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hit up Laskey Racing and start with a benson sleeved block. This block can hold 50lbs of boost.

Build the bottom with Rods and pistons and a nice compression of 12:1 to start.

THen look for a turbo kit for your goals... Personally, I would look to STC Reaper turbo's for that goal.

Dont forget a cage, suspension, and maybe even a chute.

$8000 is just a start of a 700whp civic. Better start saving more cash!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is a 700+whp civic (actually 815 currently)
Factor in the fact that it's a TSX K24a2 swap with K20a2 transmission.....with full valvetrain and stage 2 cams.....and on e85 fuel....and using a super single clutch.....and on Hondata Kpro.....and pistons and rods in the block.....

you'll see that your $8000 budget isn't going to do much....especially since all the things I named don't include a single turbo part yet lol

Vince214

This is a 700+whp civic (actually 815 currently)
Factor in the fact that it's a TSX K24a2 swap with K20a2 transmission.....with full valvetrain and stage 2 cams.....and on e85 fuel....and using a super single clutch.....and on Hondata Kpro.....and pistons and rods in the block.....

you'll see that your $8000 budget isn't going to do much....especially since all the things I named don't include a single turbo part yet lol

8k is what I have now to start buying parts, money is not a factor, I just would LIKE to be done before winter next year