What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

pantyraid

=^.^=
It does matter. There should be a 3 or so digit security code on the receipt. If it doesn't pass, the transaction still goes through, but the code secretly tells you if it passes or not. Your company should be training you to deny the sale if the code doesn't "pass". IF that credit card is stolen and gets rejected in the end by the bank when the owner finds out about it, your company will have to pay the money back, a possible fine, and be out what ever merchandise was sold. When they go to fight it with the card machine company that little code on the receipt that didn't pass with be their f**k you to your company and saves their ass in a law suit.

Every single time you are entering in what ever zip code you feel like, it is failing that credit check. That machine won't deny the card unless it's been reported stolen, it's up to you to verify if the card is legit to that particular person. It is crazy to me how lax a lot of companies are with people's information and credit transactions. Our accounting/legal department would s**t a brick if they found us faking the zip codes or any other information just to get the card to go through.

We have been entering in zip codes in the machine the whole 5 years I have been with this company and not one person has never known their zip code. Maybe it's our customers being upper class?
:lol:
Oh the cvv and all the other information most definitely has to be accurate, it's just the zip code that it'll still accept with whatever number you put in (in fact I'm really the only person there that ever puts the actual zip code, including the gm, which is sort of ridiculous seeing as generally it takes about 3 seconds to do)

I think the whole not knowing the zip code thing has more to do with the fact that there's a lot of people who aren't from here, and are either here for school or work and they aren't sure if it's under the address they live at here or the address where they're from (it's in upper northwest dc so most of the people coming in are definitely not low class, of course there's exceptions but for the most part it's a lot of upper class white families and dumb rich kids from american university - the au students usually being the ones who don't know what tax is and who confuse zip codes with area codes and such -of course there's also smart normal people who go to au, it just seems like most of the ones I encounter fall under the former category. We also get people who are diplomats that don't understand english very well, and that's the other main group that has issues with understanding what you mean by 'zip code'.)

All of the pertinent credit/debit card information is definitely sent through, but I'm not so sure about the zip code (sometimes the system will automatically send it through with the zip code of the address when more often than not the card is not billed to the delivery address), but if it does send the zip code information somewhere it clearly can't have much of an effect (at least not in this particular case, I'm sure it depends on the company and bank and probably a few other factors), in eight years of working there, with all of my coworkers and managers regularly putting in incorrect billing zip codes for customers that come in weekly at the least and sometimes more than that, I would think that if there was some sort of an issue with it it would've surfaced by this point.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gonna go to the gym and do some house work.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Didn't get home until something like 6:30 or some stupid s**t like that
Had BurgerFi for the first time
Walked down South Beach before hitting the bar/club
About to head up and clean a house and photograph it again

Can't find the thread so

Didn't know the tip was included until a minute ago, so she got an extra $16 on top of that and then the $20 door charge

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Didnt make the gym since daycare closes at noon. Went on a few bike rides and hit some yard sales.

Supposed to get my door sills wrapped on the Dodge and do some welding for my friend.

Not feeling very motivated today.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Can't find the thread so

Didn't know the tip was included until a minute ago, so she got an extra $16 on top of that and then the $20 door charge

Yea, BM is pricey. 13 a shot for patron is crazy.. Hope they were 2oz shots. s**t, 6.50 for a 60 cent bottle of bud light is crazy..

But I bet there were some sexy women there.. This is the one in Mary Brickell?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep, Mary Brickell Village is all I really go to. Don't think I've ever walked out of there without dropping at least $100 no matter whether it's Blue Martini, Opa, or the other one

Last nights crowd was moreso 30's/40's it seemed. See better females there on Wednesday nights

pantyraid

=^.^=

Can't find the thread so

Oh man you gave her a double hit, I bet you made her day

If she wrote you a note on the receipt than you must be doing something right, idk maybe she just did it because of the double hit but usually I write people notes if they were really nice or just very likeable (I haven't worked as a waitress in years but even at the place I work now I'll write people notes on their boxes or draw them little pictures if they were cool, so you were probably one of her nicer customers)

Props to you sir, plus now if you ever go back there maybe they'll give you free sodas or serve you really fast (if it's a place that lets their employees have free sodas anyway), or maybe they'll even fight over you haha

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh man you gave her a double hit, I bet you made her day

If she wrote you a note on the receipt than you must be doing something right, idk maybe she just did it because of the double hit but usually I write people notes if they were really nice or just very likeable (I haven't worked as a waitress in years but even at the place I work now I'll write people notes on their boxes or draw them little pictures if they were cool, so you were probably one of her nicer customers)

Props to you sir, plus now if you ever go back there maybe they'll give you free sodas or serve you really fast (if it's a place that lets their employees have free sodas anyway), or maybe they'll even fight over you haha

Got the receipt before accidentally paying her an additional $16 so I'm assuming just being nice and/or we don't treat people like s**t. Definitely not the type of place to hand out anything for free unless *maybe* you know someone there pretty well. Didn't roll into the place until just about 2am, have never been there before 1am

This video sucks but you get the general idea, and this was after most of the people had moved to one of the other places. 1st clip = outside bar, 2nd clip = inside bar, 3rd clip = main bar & dance area.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know the GM there.. he used to be the GM at Ft laud location. Was nice as he'd always compd my tab 50% and always brought shots around.

I always tipped the discount as i was still making out from tipping the full tab.

Just the unwritten law when getting compd

Oh yea.. Thursday nights are ladies nights. Mix of professional types, partyers and rich bitches.. makes for a nice night out.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Reminds me of Venuti's on Old School nights...

I worked and went grocery shopping for some leftover s**t I didn't get yesterday. Just watching the Hawks game hoping this last period we head to the Stanley Cup against Tampa Bay.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Working. Day 2 out of 3, 7-7 overnight. Gettin to the money lol

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Getting ready for beach tomorrow.

Doin a quick wax on the gf at the moment..lol

Idk how you women do that s**t.. yea im a pussy when it comes to ripping hair out by some hot f**kin wax. No thank you. Ill stick to the razor.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:what: I use to wax my ex-fiance. Dood had a years supply of Nad's. I'd come home from work and there he was in the bathroom going to town on his chest.

Why doesn't she just go to the damn gardeners like normal women do?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I know the GM there.. he used to be the GM at Ft laud location. Was nice as he'd always compd my tab 50% and always brought shots around.
I always tipped the discount as i was still making out from tipping the full tab.
Just the unwritten law when getting compd
Oh yea.. Thursday nights are ladies nights. Mix of professional types, partyers and rich bitches.. makes for a nice night out.
Ah, there ya go
Yeah we went out to Las Olas tonight and supposed to end it with Blue Martini up there
Until we get in the car and I just hear "I kinda just wanna have sex" soooo, plans changed.
Reminds me of Venuti's on Old School nights...
I worked and went grocery shopping for some leftover s**t I didn't get yesterday. Just watching the Hawks game hoping this last period we head to the Stanley Cup against Tampa Bay.
Walking bar to bar tonight, first thing I was looking for was that game. Saw it in the third quarter 5-1 then eventually 5-2. So happy to be back in the finals again

Was definitely scared about game 7 being in Anaheim but they got it done

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Walking bar to bar tonight, first thing I was looking for was that game. Saw it in the third quarter 5-1 then eventually 5-2. So happy to be back in the finals again

Was definitely scared about game 7 being in Anaheim but they got it done
:werd: :woot: :banana: If they want it bad enough, they will make it happen.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just passed another kidney stone. Thankfully this one was big enough, so I'll be able to take it to the urologist to run some tests and pinpoint exactly what's causing these.

s**t f**kin hurt!

Just four more hours of work.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The demon spawn is out fishing with her father. So I have the whole house to myself to clean! I did go out to the garage to start up the blue hatchie this morning. It was barely turning over. Pretty sure the battery needed a little charging. So I took care of that. If the weather holds off, I might take it out for a little spin tonight.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just passed another kidney stone. Thankfully this one was big enough, so I'll be able to take it to the urologist to run some tests and pinpoint exactly what's causing these.

s**t f**kin hurt!

Just four more hours of work.

Do you drink sodas? Usually the cause. Try drinking real cranberry juice and that will flush out the kidneys.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

The door in my mini fridge...

I don't drink cokes at all. Absolutely zero.

I am guilty of the occasional red bull though.