Hello from Egypt

Allam

I am very glad that I have joined the clubcivic.com.
I do have inquiries about my car.

I own a 1.6 2012 Honda civic and I am very disappointed at the lame acceleration, even though its 125 hp but very very disappointing.
So I took some initiatives:

1. added a K&N filter,
2. replaced the two stock mufflers with the magna-flow mufflers (with the exception of the catalytic converter which I left as is) and replaced the stock exhaust pipes with 2.5 inch pipes starting from the catalytic converter to the magna-flow mufflers.
3. ordered the buddy club grounding system which I will install once received.

I still want more and I don't know where to head.
Is it possible for more power (without turbos)?

Ultimately, I would like a turbo instead of an engine swap, but if the engine swap is better, well what can I do. =)
Believe it or not in Egypt, its much cheaper for an engine swap than installing a turbo, plus not many people here understand how to install turbos without leaving trails of issues and problems (so you keep going back to them).
Any assistance and comments that would help show me the way is appreciated.
Thanks.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't know where you were getting your information, but nothing you have added is going to increase HP. Not anything that will even be noticeable anyway; definitely not a grounding kit or a drop in filter.

Your car is slow because was built for gas mileage not for power. You want fast, swap to a bigger motor or boost it.

Unless there is something about the R16 that I haven't read. They were build strictly to get the best gas mileage for that market and to compete in the race for the best fuel mileage non-hybrid vehicle. You need to swap to a K-series if you want easy power with this Civic. Hope your pockets are deep as you have an expensive road ahead of you if you want power out of this little commuter.

Allam

#lethal6
thanks for your reply.
I did get most of my info from procivic.com, and it did make a difference, acceleration is better , but like you said 'Not anything that will even be noticeable'.
Bear in mind that cars in Egypt are mostly 1.6 (for example: a Mini Cooper S is a powerful car ; engine wise of course, VW cars here are 1.4 TSI not that powerful and very expensive to maintain)
but you have given me a heads up and thanks anyway.
i guess i'll start to look for a K series engine.