Aftermarket Radio Won't Turn On

Hayden7

Hey guys, first time posting on the forum.

Anyway, I have an 05 Honda Civic. Today I decided to change out the radio with a Kenwood Excelon. Wired it into the wiring kit, plugged it in before I put it into the dash to test it and it worked perfect. So I put the whole dash together, tried it again... No radio now. I figured it could've been a fuse so I went to Oriely's, changed out the fuse on the internal radio, and had the guy from Oriely's check out all my wiring and all the fuses associated with the radio. None of them are burned out. Tried putting the stock back in, but it no longer works too.

Also, ever since I changed the radio, my key fab stopped working and my door locks no longer work if the car is off. The guy at Oriely's checked all the fuses associated with that and they aren't blown either.

Anybody got any ideas on where I f**ked up??

Edit: the orange and orange/white wire just have caps on them, but when I took out the dash again after the radio didnt work, and the caps came off (I'm thinking I should replace them all tomorrow with the clamp ones, I used the twist ones) on those two. Maybe they could've touched and f**ked something up?

jamiesainty

5+ Year Member
It sounds like a radio wire touched the metal in the dash and earthed out a live wire. I would double check fuses, especially radio ones. Sometimes they are hard to tell if they are good or not so double check. Fuses for radio will be in the Interior fuse box inside the car.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You shouldn't use twist style to connect wires. Soldering gun, and heat shrink should be used at all times.

Sounds like you learned the hard way.

Sorry buddy.

Pop the fuses and check. I'm sure that's what it is

Hayden7

Appreciate the help guys, turned out to be the Back Up fuse. As soon as I replaced that everything worked. Except my kenwood we spitting an error, but when I replaced all the caps with crimp ones that fixed that too.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Glad you got the issue resolved! :thumbs up