Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ordered a couple things, backorder as usual...lol.

However, I did get some work done on Friday =)

No pics, but the front end it all together. Axles replaced, suspension buttoned up...all good. Started on the PCI sides and decided they didnt send enough hardware to do it the way I thought it should be done. So, I got one side mounted. I felt that the brackets should have a washer on the top, where the bolt drops through, but also on the bottom side where the lock nut captures it. They only provided for the washer on one side. I bough more and will likely have the passenger side skirt installed after work one day this week.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Passenger side is installed. I also pulled out the Special Projects P1 Spec spoiler to let it breath a little ;)
Ready!

Drilled and painted back up!

Installed and sticker in place. Never forget the sticker.

Spoiler!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Parts.
Airbag delete...again. Downstar seat hardware, some of which is on backorder, and GoPro hardware.

And I mounted the air duct and just loosely fitted the splitter brackets.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I mocked up the Cusco door bars yesterday, with the seats in place...

Then, I pulled the seats out as I have decided on installing the bars and then, when the new seat comes in, I'll install it. Much easier than pulling the current seats and trying to move them around the bars. One time going in is much easier. And I've decided that I'll use the Spoon recliner as my passenger seat. Buddy Club recliners will be sold.

Random pic for a FB request...

Under car shots, mostly for the Top1 diffuser and how it sits, per a FB request...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Last Friday I pulled the Bride rail off the passenger BC seat and started to line it up on the Spoon bottom. Freaking kids should not be allowed to use tool if they dont know what they are doing. I wish I had taken a pic of what the rail/mount looked like on the bottom of the Spoon. Def put together by someone who has no idea what the purpose of hardware is. Just jammed crap together. That said, I had to run a tap through a couple of the holes to properly run the hardware in.

With what I mentioned before, there were only three of these stand offs. So, I couldnt finish the job on Friday. I have since picked up some stand offs and plan on mounting them up this weekend.

Upper just chilling...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
From their site...
"PRO CAR INNOVATIONS ALUMINUM RACE SPEC SIDE SKIRTS
Pro Car Innovations Race Spec Side Skirts are a must for those looking to improve the aerodynamic efficiency of their car. PCI’s Race Spec Side Skirts have been proven to be highly effective when used in combination of other aero parts like front splitters, under trays, wings, rear diffusers."

But basically, it helps channel the air in a more controlled, less turbulant manor.

Sunday updates...
Seat put together and in place...

I wanted new mounting hardware, so I decided to get the Downstar jams...

Cusco door bars going in...drill holes in all of the cars!!!!

Tucked back in =)

SRS is fully removed, including the harness and brain...well, minus the steering wheel bag. But thats only because I prefer the AP1 to any wheel I've used...

P1 airdam being mocked up to trim in the air duct and the foglight bezel...

Duct side needed much more than this, but I think its good now. On to the right next time a get a chance to work on the car =)

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Friday work continued...
Special Projects airdam trimmed in around the duct and foglight and mounted up...

Just a couple bigger cuts...with lots of grinding down...haha...

Crash bar removed to install the front tow strap...

Hole drilled and access cut in to put the bolt in and wrench down...

Strap just needs to be laced in. The crash bar was put back in place and bolted up.
And because one can never have enough cameras, I have four now...haha.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks guys! =)

Swung by the storage unit we have a few things in from the move...closing that thing soon! Anyway, all my wheels were home for wheel Wed! The bare 949's left yesterday to have the slicks installed =)

Bled the brakes, laced the tow strap up, Downstar bumper hardware installed and mocked up the splitter blade to confirm needing to notch the radiator support for the splitter bracket adjustment.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks like you're missing a few rims...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha...yeah, not everything is a complete set. Various things going on as to why. Mostly I've got buyers lined up to move what I'm not keeping. I'm done keeping stock on parts. Use it or sell it. No need to hoard it.

The haps.
Splitter fitted up to the airdam...

I used plastidip on the edges of the airdam in the wheel well and also on the rear bumper edges to help prevent too much damage. Its going to happen, but I'll save what I can...haha.

After fitting to the car, it was time to drill the bracket mounting holes!

Last look in the up!

Wheels on!

Working to get it on the ground...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Homies mounted up my slicks on Friday!

Brought them home Sunday...

Also, my buddy let me double drive with him in his ITR on Sunday at the local Autocross. Man that was some much needed seat time! I cant wait to get finished up with my car and get back out there!