XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was able to find the Alpine radio I definitely like the reviews . I found the Morimoto kit which output would you go with that isn't blinding bright? I'm trying to look up the inline4 on facebook but not having to much luck.
Any motimoto kit is fine, as long as you're not putting the HID bulbs into a normal housing you'll be good. Keep in mind that a retrofit is not the easiest thing to do, and for me required dremelling the reflectors and bulb housing, which requires removing and then later re-sealing the lens.

The Mini H1 kit is their most popular and is also what I have with 35k bulbs. I'm very very pleased with the output despite me wiring the bixenon shields to the low-beams. My biggest issue is that the install is not well documented, so I ended up finding a good DIY to do it myself and still botched it. Nothing I can't fix, just haven't bothered since output is still great, but the cutoff line is arched rather than horizontal.

I believe @JohnS. has a DIY for Civic retrofits so you might want to look for that.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ya if your going to do hid retrofit I doubt you want to take a chance in ruining a pair of oem ctr headlights, I highly recommend the inline4 ctr replicas. I've got them on my car and they are great quality, now their workmanship on the retrofit was not that great so I wouldn't recommend paying them 750$ like I did for the full ctr replica retrofit headlights.

What are you looking to spend on a lip? You can get a carbor fiber one from seibon or vis racing, you can order from majestic honda but they will come pre-painted in either (EBP,FBP, or Milano red) or you can get the part number from majestic and find them on ebay (some painted some unpainted) or you can buy a cheap ebay lip

sjonesd3

Ya if your going to do hid retrofit I doubt you want to take a chance in ruining a pair of oem ctr headlights, I highly recommend the inline4 ctr replicas. I've got them on my car and they are great quality, now their workmanship on the retrofit was not that great so I wouldn't recommend paying them 750$ like I did for the full ctr replica retrofit headlights.

What are you looking to spend on a lip? You can get a carbor fiber one from seibon or vis racing, you can order from majestic honda but they will come pre-painted in either (EBP,FBP, or Milano red) or you can get the part number from majestic and find them on ebay (some painted some unpainted) or you can buy a cheap ebay lip
Thanks for the heads up & the retrofit is probably going to be the last thing that I do. What would you advise lip wise? I'm thinking of a Stormtrooper theme, so I'll probably go all black trim & accents. I know I want to paint the line on the door black as well

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just buy an oem 99-00 si lip in black from honda if you want the black and white look

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just buy an oem 99-00 si lip in black from honda if you want the black and white look
I don't think it's still available new from Honda any longer.
You'd have to call the dealership to verify.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you guys sure? Majestic doesn't say anything about being discontinued, just have to select the car as a 99-00 si and select bumper (they are $253 before shipping and tax though)
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2000&catcgry3=2DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=BUMPER
I've learned over the past 17yrs, just because it is listed, doesn't mean it's available.
Call them or your dealer directly to verify.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Any motimoto kit is fine, as long as you're not putting the HID bulbs into a normal housing you'll be good. Keep in mind that a retrofit is not the easiest thing to do, and for me required dremelling the reflectors and bulb housing, which requires removing and then later re-sealing the lens.

The Mini H1 kit is their most popular and is also what I have with 35k bulbs. I'm very very pleased with the output despite me wiring the bixenon shields to the low-beams. My biggest issue is that the install is not well documented, so I ended up finding a good DIY to do it myself and still botched it. Nothing I can't fix, just haven't bothered since output is still great, but the cutoff line is arched rather than horizontal.

I believe @JohnS. has a DIY for Civic retrofits so you might want to look for that.
Right here: http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/official-diy-install-theretrofitsource-mini-h1-4-0-projectors-into-96-00-civic.206263/

Yeah the plug-and-play style projectors you can get from theretrofitsource aren't 100% perfect by any means but they do a damn good job. The projectors I installed (and the ones in the DIY) are 4 years old now, so I don't know if the newer models are different in any way, shape, or form. The install should still be the same. Open headlight, take out reflector, install projector, adjust, close headlight. If I had a pair of genuine CTR headlights, I'd retrofit them in a heartbeat. It's easy. I've opened my headlights at least a couple dozen times by now.

sjonesd3

Realized I have a trunk leak:microwave: so now I'm trying to pinpoint where it's coming from. I felt around the sunroof drain tubes and definitely didn't feel water around that. I think it may be coming flowing downwards b/c I had a little of my papers wet in my bookbag which is close to the center of the trunk. I also have jackstands in my trunk which have a part that a get a small part that can gather water if set flat. I'm thinking that it might be the trunk seal b/c the wettest part seems to be the center and I was parked on level ground. Any suggestions before I decide to have a decide to "lounge" in the trunk with a flashlight?

sjonesd3

nope, just go for it. It's really the best way to see what's going on
Welp luckily or not really but I happened to find out where it's leaking. It's like on the outside corners. Not sure if it's the seal or metal part. But I'll take a picture on the morning.