93 Civic DX Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

93civicdxdaily

So yesterday I was drivin around and my car kinda just stops going and is making a loud noise, and now none of the gears work, even park! I found 3 big bearings (I think) on the road from my car, and there is brake fluid dripping from the engine bay. Also the transmission is hanging from my engine bay, the screws no longer hold it in place. Any help would be appreciated, I am asking what i should do to fix the car, and what should come first.

Attachments

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds kind of obvious where to start. Pull the transmission and find out what went wrong; find out why it isn't attached (this is the reason none of the gears work, it needs attached to the engine to put the power from it to the wheels). Find out where the leak is for the brake fluid and fix it. If you can't tow it to a shop that can.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
wow

Looks like your transmission mount broke or ALL the nuts backed off their posts

Probably never see that ever again in your life.

93civicdxdaily

What kind of transmission would you recommend? I'm wanting a racing one for the turbo thats coming in the mail, any suggestions?

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
How do you expect to install a turbo setup when you can't even figure out how your transmission basically fell out of your car? I'm shocked you couldn't feel it jumping around in the bay before it finally broke loose.

93civicdxdaily

How do you expect to install a turbo setup when you can't even figure out how your transmission basically fell out of your car? I'm shocked you couldn't feel it jumping around in the bay before it finally broke loose.
How can someone be so ill hearted? I'm just asking questions. I didn't feel anything "jumping around". 166k miles and it finally caved??

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I'll hearted? Being realistic is the key here. You have a TON is learning to do before you get what you are trying to do correctly.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

EdtheChipmunk

Respected
Make sure you check everything when and if you pull the tranny. Could have caused damage to other things in the bay. Flywheel, axles, Linkage etc.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How can someone be so ill hearted? I'm just asking questions. I didn't feel anything "jumping around". 166k miles and it finally caved??
No. Transmissions don't just drop out of the blue. It isn't some weird phenomenon. This was an ongoing thing brought on by neglect or a previous poor install.

That being said, I would recommend getting the car in top shape before you drop a turbo in it. That high mileage is more of a worry about the longevity of the motor, especially if it has been neglected to the point of the transmission falling out, than what transmission you should be "upgrading" to.

93civicdxdaily

I have fixed the transmission and the axle that it broke along with a few other things, fixed all the mounts like new. runs amazing. what kind of mods would you recommended? I have 800$ to spend since i canceled the turbo shipment :S thanks all

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so the ball bearings were from the CV joint on the axle? Makes sense. As for mods, how's your suspension doing? bushings all in good shape? Ball joints and tie rods not worn? Brakes working smoothly? Flushed/replaced the brake fluid recently? What about shocks? I'd focus on making sure all the suspension and brakes are in great shape before thinking about mods to go faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.