Muffler

gonecivic92

I have the muffler off , should I put it back on or leave it off , which is better ?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

gonecivic92

Kuz it has a deep nice sound lol doesn't sound ricey

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Then straight pipe it but I guarantee it sounds ricey

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just run open header and save weight while your at it.... you make a terrible troll

bairdandrew77

Just run open header and save weight while your at it.... you make a terrible troll
The header weighs a decent amount, no header is the way to go. While you're at it, the air filter is also dead weight

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

gonecivic92

Haha jus kuz I don't want a screaming 2.5"/3" pipe.. my car sounds nice , I was just asking in performance not for rudeness..

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
exhausts/mufflers dont make performance.. the engine does.if you want the engine to make more performance, then youll need to delete everything factory exhaust with quality parts.

gonecivic92

Well u guys haven't seen then hatxh that's running headers stage 3 n switxhed up the pistons n a couple of internals on his engine n now it sounds like a v8 car sounds real nice n mean , just rumbles like a v8

N I took mine off kuz I was planning to put one back on but like usual i'm another broke nigga for a while, n it sounds good its a deep sound but I was guna put on a super 44 series flowmaster muffler

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, you have to like (or at least tolerate) the sound of your own exhaust, but louder doesn't mean faster or better performance. Take, for example, a Harley. The idle is so lopey it sounds like it's going to stall (and sometimes they do) and frequently they're the loudest bike around. But I wouldn't bet on it in a race against a quiet, well tuned bike such as a CBR.
Go ahead and put a good quality muffler back on, and don't worry about upgrading the exhaust until the performance of the engine warrants the upgrade. Otherwise you're just wasting your money.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mine had a lope idle because of the cams. Had nothing to do with the exhaust.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've never heard of any Honda engine sound good without a muffler. No Civic engine has a "deep nice" sound without a muffler. It doesnt exist. If you think it does then you must not know what a "nice sound" truly is out of an engine.

gonecivic92

It did have a deep sound I have videos on YouTube of it under " 92 Honda civic lx "