my 1999 vogue silver 4dr

pantyraid

=^.^=
Jesus christ I swear this thing looks shinier and nicer every time I look at it

You've got some real attention to detail

You and mymmeryloss (is it chris? I feel like that's right..) should team up and make some sort of incredible personally welded shiny super vehicle

B18cya99

Respected
Lol I'm down. U going to sponsor the build?
Jesus christ I swear this thing looks shinier and nicer every time I look at it

You've got some real attention to detail

You and mymmeryloss (is it chris? I feel like that's right..) should team up and make some sort of incredible personally welded shiny super vehicle

EdtheChipmunk

Respected
Okay so whats the difference between billet and chrome then? They are both shiney. They both look good when applied right. Why bring fags into this? They did nothing but filter some of the crap from your cigarette. Harleys suck. They rattle apart quickly and arent nearly as sexy as a CBR or equivalent. Unless you mean fag as a derogatory statement, In which case I still don't see how someones sexual orientation plays a factor in using chrome. Or are you making a Southpark reference?

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay so whats the difference between billet and chrome then? They are both shiney. They both look good when applied right. Why bring fags into this? They did nothing but filter some of the crap from your cigarette. Harleys suck. They rattle apart quickly and arent nearly as sexy as a CBR or equivalent. Unless you mean fag as a derogatory statement, In which case I still don't see how someones sexual orientation plays a factor in using chrome. Or are you making a Southpark reference?
Definitely a South Park reference.

Billet is aluminum that is polished to a mirror shine. Chrome is a dipping process that coats the material.

Before

After

This is an aluminum fuel rail i had polished. The one on the top is the raw aluminum. Such a better look than chrome imo.

Sorry to threadjack OP

pantyraid

=^.^=
Definitely a South Park reference.

Billet is aluminum that is polished to a mirror shine. Chrome is a dipping process that coats the material.

Before

After

This is an aluminum fuel rail i had polished. The one on the top is the raw aluminum. Such a better look than chrome imo.

Sorry to threadjack OP
Ooh that looks nice

How long does a polish like that last? And what did you do it with? Some kind of abrasive tool or a solution or something?

Is there anything you can't do? I swear everything you do looks super nice haha

Edit: this and the following thread jack was my fault =) Sorry op on both of our behalves (is that the plural of behalf? Or does behalf even have a plural? Hmmm where's hex when I need him)

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ooh that looks nice

How long does a polish like that last? And what did you do it with? Some kind of abrasive tool or a solution or something?

Is there anything you can't do? I swear everything you do looks super nice haha
It really depends on how shitty the casting process was or how scratched or pitted the aluminum is.

For the intake manifold it had to be knocked down with a grinder and sanding bits. Then hand sanded in the tight areas. Then hit with 200 grit then 320, 400, 600, 1000, 1500 and then 2000. Then polished with a orbital or bench grinder and then hit by hand with some billet polish.

The polish will last a long time but it never hurts to hit it monthly or whatever with a polish.

Again, sorry to threadjack OP

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks awesome. Im going to end up changing all of my fittings and hoses to black before i put the truck together for final assembly.

The color combo you went with works perfectly.

Let me know if u need anything anodized. I get a decent discount on anodizing.

B18cya99

Respected
I built the harness. Ordered all the heat shrink and cover from cablesandties.com. I built all the AN hoses -16 for rad. -10 for the breather and -6 for fuel