New Member/ Owner w/ a stripped lugnut

Kyle Kargazm

I just bought a 91 Civic LX, not that it should matter, with a stripped lugnut. I'm new to the Honda scene and I can't wait to start modding, once I can get the dang wheel off. Is the bolt the lugnut screws onto attached to the hub, or a seperate piece? I went to tighten it, it popped, and now just spins. Won't loosen or tighten at all. And I can't get the lugnut out.

Droppin' Tacos

Respected
Either the Lug Nut or the Lug Stud has been stripped.. I would try to (Carefully) cut off the Lug Nut, and then inspect the Lug Stud. If all looks good, you are in luck. Go pick up a new Lug Nut from a Hardware store! Good luck!

kyleisthestig

Yeah, thats the best way to go about it. Some of those lug nuts have a two piece design that breaks apart. Iv'e done a few in my shop. they are a pain in the ass even when you have the special tools. I once didn't have tools and was able to hammer on the lug nut and that put the two pieces back together enough for me to loosen the lug. Be really careful if you do it that way, you don't want to damage the rim.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is it the front or back? If it's the front just disconnect the upper and lower ball joints then the shock and pull the whole spindle off. Once you get it off you can probably cut the brake dust shield to get tho the back of the stud, after that you should be ably to grind the head off the stud and drive it out the front side without damaging the wheel to bas