98 Hatch slow motion build.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's funny how things can change so fast in a few days time....
Wife wants a bigger vehicle now. Says I can't keep the Si and the hatch, because she knows at least one of them will just sit and collect dust.. and she's right. And I can't sell the Si... so the hatch is going to be going up for sale.... I just have to decide on a fair price..... or rather, I have to decide how big of a hit I want to take on all the work I've done.

Money from the sale will go towards a bigger vehicle.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well that sucks.........because im not in a position to buy the hatch from you lol. I definitely would!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn....

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well that sucks.........because im not in a position to buy the hatch from you lol. I definitely would!
same here. Going to be a few months before I can sell my extra car and buy a different one

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
same here. Going to be a few months before I can sell my extra car and buy a different one
I appreciate the sentiment, but she still needs a lot of work... mostly lots of paint and body stuff that I've only just begun. And I'm going to have a tough time letting it go for cheap, so it'll probably still be around in several months. And I still can't decide on a concrete price... wife says "Sell it for $5k" and I'm like :rolf: .... she knows the work I've done first hand, but she doesn't understand how little that really means to someone else.

I thought about going ahead and putting a d-series manual transmission in it to be less confusing to potential buyers... because nobody really wants an automatic transmission tuner civic. Also thinking about repainting the roof to match the paint on the hatch at least, now that I know what I'm doing a bit better.
I've also got to finish putting that K2o back together, because I know that's probably too daunting a chore for most people... can't decide whether to sell my K series swap parts separately or try to roll it all in together with the hatch.

K swap parts
Integra subframe
Integra steering rack, modified to manual rack
Integra control arms, with new HardRace bushings (just installed those, damnit)
Integra shock forks
Integra GSR sway bar
2005 RSX base 5speed, unmodified
RSX shift box, OEM
RSX shift cables, OEM
EP3 Civic Si K20A3, new OEM main and rod bearings and piston rings, awaiting final re-assembly
EP3 Civic Si ECU, unmodified
Swap so close I could taste it. I just never have enough free time.
Also picked up a MR2 electric power steering pump, because I was going to try to build a variable pressure electro-hydraulic power steering set up, but decided against it later.

Steven Johnson

Respected
Sorry to hear that you have to give it up. Family and priorities, man. Sometimes, life sucks. Had an 07 Si with $10k total into it and then had a son. Had to give the car back after I lost my job and my son was born. Sometimes, life has a weird way of panning out. After 3 years, I have a successful business and a healthy 3 and a half year old boy. Couldn't ask for more. =) Good luck with everything, man!

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah. I'm pretty surprised at the interest already. I don't even have a clutch for it yet and people want to come see it... Maybe I listed it for too cheap.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good posting. very descriptive. I knew you were in Texas, but didn't realize you're in the metroplex. Also didn't realize you'd be selling the sedan. I thought it was a hatch you were going to sell?

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good posting. very descriptive. I knew you were in Texas, but didn't realize you're in the metroplex. Also didn't realize you'd be selling the sedan. I thought it was a hatch you were going to sell?
I found myself writing a craigslist post for my hatch, and had to stop and come back to it, because I was getting tense, and my neck was all knotted up, and I just did not want to do it.
My wife and I talked about it and decided it was ok to keep the hatch and sell the Si.... I had much less trouble putting together a post on it, because it's stock, for the most part, and I've mostly just done maintenance to it over the years. It was my first New car, but I find myself less attached to it than the hatch I've been toiling with over the last year and a half. And hell, I've got at least as much money in it, as I'm selling my Si for, and I couldn't get even half that price for the hatch.

Steven Johnson

Respected
Yeah. I'm pretty surprised at the interest already. I don't even have a clutch for it yet and people want to come see it... Maybe I listed it for too cheap.
If you put a new clutch in that, you could probably bump it to 7k. A lot of FA5s in 07-08 with that high milage is going for around 9-10k at dealers, so you're about spot on. =)

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
im glad you made the right decision haha. i got a little bummed for a minute thinking i wasnt going to see any more progress on this car

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I found myself writing a craigslist post for my hatch, and had to stop and come back to it, because I was getting tense, and my neck was all knotted up, and I just did not want to do it.
My wife and I talked about it and decided it was ok to keep the hatch and sell the Si.... I had much less trouble putting together a post on it, because it's stock, for the most part, and I've mostly just done maintenance to it over the years. It was my first New car, but I find myself less attached to it than the hatch I've been toiling with over the last year and a half. And hell, I've got at least as much money in it, as I'm selling my Si for, and I couldn't get even half that price for the hatch.
that explains a lot. You're right, regardless of the emotional attachment to something you've spent so much time on, you'd never get as much back as you spent fixing it up.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I expect the Si to be sold by Tuesday or Wednesday... showing it to at least 6 people today, now that it's back on the road.. Would probably sell today, but I want to check over my clutch work before I let it go, and I need to do an alignment after all the stuff I did to it. Clutch, clutch master cylinder, front lower ball joints, front lower control arm bushings, and steering rack bushings, to some lucky buyer.

I will be using some of the proceeds to purchase a decent paint gun, some quality paint, and a few other things for my hatch. I want to try and get it painted this year, before my next bundle of joy makes an appearance, and I have even less time to work on my car.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats on the future inheritor of the hatch!