About to buy a 2007 FA5 si

buddhayang

The car is being sold for 9k has 96k miles on it (private party) and I'm about to go test drive it in a week with a friend (btw this might be my first stick car that I might buy). I've heard that these cars are pretty common for the bad transmission and If I do get the car I wouldnt be driving it nuts or such as racing it would be my DD to a community college and work. The paint still looks good and it is just lowered along with normal maintenances on the car.
What should I look for when driving it?

Harv_D_Johnson

Only issue with the transmission is shifting at high rpms. They tend to grind if the shifter cables are loose.

Other then that the 8th gen si is a very good car[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
175k miles on my 07 Si with no gear grinds, no hard shifts. Only problem mine has is serious oil consumption.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just bought an 09 Si four door with 70k miles for $10k.. Might wanna try talking him down a little.

Steven Johnson

Respected
I use to have a 2007 FA5 with 56k, basic bolt ons, hondata with dyno tune, pushing 225whp. It's a great car, actually really miss it. Biggest common issue is when you rev high and go to power shift, you'll occasionally get locked out of 2nd and sometimes, 3rd gear tends to pop out. Very common issue with the 06-08 trans. Simple fix, though. =) Go for it!!