What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Had a good fourth. Bought some fireworks and blew some s**t up. Shot up some targets, all in all a good day.

Slept in this morning because I stayed up too late. Got the worst service at IHOP last night too..

Cut the grass, watched a few episodes of flashpoint on netflix, and went to my parents house for dinner. Had lasagna.

Off one more day and then it's back to work. Probably gonna hit the gym tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Harv_D_Johnson

My fourth was good. Sold my trans for $450. Put new tires and brakes on the civic. Help my dad with ball joints on his truck. Brought the kids over to see my parents. Had few beers at the end of the night[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Been looking at newer vehicles again.. my credit is looking decent now so I may be looking here soon.

Can't decide what exactly I want.

I enjoy "sportier" vehicles. (Handle well with little to no body roll. Stiffer suspension) but I have two dogs, one being a very large German shepherd. So naturally, I need a little space. This eliminates anything with a tiny backseat. But I would still rather have a 2 door. I know the potential downsides, but I'm not so lazy that I can't slide a seat back. Most cars can fit a folded wire crate, so we're good there.

I don't want anything TOO big but I do love the newer tahoes. I just know I won't be happy with the way they handle. It's an suv, nothing remotely sporty about it. I like to enjoy some turns every now and then.

Looking at hatchbacks. I've always liked the volkswagen GTI's. I haven't checked out insurance on one yet though. It's turbo'd so it may be too high for me.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Been looking at newer vehicles again.. my credit is looking decent now so I may be looking here soon.

Can't decide what exactly I want.

I enjoy "sportier" vehicles. (Handle well with little to no body roll. Stiffer suspension) but I have two dogs, one being a very large German shepherd. So naturally, I need a little space. This eliminates anything with a tiny backseat. But I would still rather have a 2 door. I know the potential downsides, but I'm not so lazy that I can't slide a seat back. Most cars can fit a folded wire crate, so we're good there.

I don't want anything TOO big but I do love the newer tahoes. I just know I won't be happy with the way they handle. It's an suv, nothing remotely sporty about it. I like to enjoy some turns every now and then.

Looking at hatchbacks. I've always liked the volkswagen GTI's. I haven't checked out insurance on one yet though. It's turbo'd so it may be too high for me.

Jeep srt8 please please please

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
I'm one of you guys.

Someone just gave me their turbo kit, so I'll be boosting a b18b in the 11.60 class. I'll be swapping a b18c1 with nitrous before I sell it, just so it's legal. Then I'll chop up another hatch and go all motor K in our head up class. Looking to run 10.1 on the motor

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Look for a Tahoe PPV of the previous (2007-2014) body style.
Only bad part is they're probably pushing 50-100k miles

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The new SRT8's are beast.

Can't wait to see them start testing the Trackhawk's here soon, whole new level of beast

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Had a busy last week. Was out of town for my grandmother's funeral, helped set up fireworks displays around town, then went to Annapolis, MD for a fireworks show. Had my first DOT inspection. Man was I a nervous wreck...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry for your loss man.

What all does the DOT inspection consist of?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What all does the DOT inspection consist of?
Taking it up the ass without lube.

They check all your paperwork (shipping papers, drivers log book/hours of service, insurance, etc.), check the vehicle to make sure everything functions as it should be, and inspect the cargo to make sure it was loaded properly.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn. Sounds like a pain in the ass.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn. Sounds like a pain in the ass.
Pretty much.
Imagine getting a call from your boss at 6:30am as you're driving the mountains of MD saying there is a State Trooper waiting 90 minutes away at your destination...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Taking it up the ass without lube.

They check all your paperwork (shipping papers, drivers log book/hours of service, insurance, etc.), check the vehicle to make sure everything functions as it should be, and inspect the cargo to make sure it was loaded properly.
When did you get your cdl? The worst part about driving truck for sure.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
When did you get your cdl? The worst part about driving truck for sure.
About 3 weeks ago. Just got a class C but I needed the hazmat endorsement for transporting fireworks.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
About 3 weeks ago. Just got a class C but I needed the hazmat endorsement for transporting fireworks.
Hauling hazmat is a pain. Even worse when youre crossing state lines and s**t. Ports still give me the cold sweats.