undercoating the inside

94integra-ls

I have a 92 hatch with a lsv and hasport motor mounts that vibrate a little more then I like and also I have some rattles in the interior that I want gone.i cant really figure out where they are coming from so I was thinking of undercoating the floor and back hatch area with undercoat or something that with keep the outside noise and rattles down.has anyone done this and if so was it worth it and how did you do it and what did you use and does it smell afterwords?thanks for and info you can give me

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You would be better off with sound deadening material. Undercoat/bedliner is for corrosion and protection more than it is for any kind of noise reduction. Plus it won't take the rattles out of the plastic. Those need to be found and some kind of soft material needs to be placed between the two parts that are rubbing together causing the noise.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you buy solid mounts, or at least more solid compared to OEM? When I switched to 75A mounts, everything started rattling. I just got used to it.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stiff mount will cause some things to vibrate that normally wouldnt. Your safest bet is to use sound deadening sheets & matting where needed. Undercoating spray wont cut it.