Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What are you going to be doing for the exhaust coming off the turbo... I don't see much room to run it down under the cab and dump it under the bed. Are you going to run it straight out the hood or fender?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are you going to be doing for the exhaust coming off the turbo... I don't see much room to run it down under the cab and dump it under the bed. Are you going to run it straight out the hood or fender?
Either straight up or out the fender some how. Not entirely sure.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Either straight up or out the fender some how. Not entirely sure.
Aren't you worried about it throwing soot all over your paint? I was debating on doing one out the fender on my car but really don't want soot everywhere on my paint.. I''m tossing around the idea of an electric cutout to run it out the fender and when i want I can run it out the back.
Thoughts?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I really just dont have room for it any other way :what:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Making some good progress on her despite not have a job :thumbup:
Im not broke. Im pretty damn good at setting money aside and im not going to be unemployed forever.

Got my intercooler piping tacked together today. Making moves in the right direction. Still waiting on my buddy to polish my gas tank so i can finish making fuel lines. Im going to work on it until saturday and then button it up and thats what will go in the trailer headed to Indiana.

Sucks its not running, but guess it wasnt meant to be yet.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Oh man SO close. what else is needed to make it run? Just fuel lines and tank?

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm really liking all the subtle details, such as the control arms. Interesting design without relying on flashy shine to draw attention away from the engine.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Im not broke. Im pretty damn good at setting money aside and im not going to be unemployed forever.

Got my intercooler piping tacked together today. Making moves in the right direction. Still waiting on my buddy to polish my gas tank so i can finish making fuel lines. Im going to work on it until saturday and then button it up and thats what will go in the trailer headed to Indiana.

Sucks its not running, but guess it wasnt meant to be yet.
It was more of a surprise you are spending money on an expensive hobby while not having a job. Most people conserve as much as possible.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh man SO close. what else is needed to make it run? Just fuel lines and tank?
Fuel lines, figure out all the wiring and vacuum bullshit and block off a few things on the engine. Also found out my coils arent gonna work where i had them so get to address that as well. Then i get to run air lines(hardline), brake lines, and get axles made. Also found out i get to pull the engine back out to do the steering since i cant do it with it in. Just more bullshit than is necessary really. But its part of the game.

I'm really liking all the subtle details, such as the control arms. Interesting design without relying on flashy shine to draw attention away from the engine.
That was the plan all along. Theres a lot of stuff people will never notice but its there and its still bad as hell!

It was more of a surprise you are spending money on an expensive hobby while not having a job. Most people conserve as much as possible.
Yeah i really shoudnt be, but im bored out of my mind. Gotta do something to pass the time.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Hand polished the turbo cold side today. Still got some scratches in it, but it looks way better.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is there a job that exists where you just polish stuff all day?

Because you'd pwn the s**t out of that job

I guess I should amend that to polish METAL, otherwise technically you could put being a happy ending massage therapist in that category
I didn't do the majority of the polishing. Everything that had a rough casting was primarily done by my friend.

Really sucks actually cuz he is turning out to be kinda shady and is really f**king me on polishing my gas tank right now.

I would go get it from him and finish it but he never texts back or answers his phone.

I'm running out of time quick.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

pantyraid

=^.^=
I didn't do the majority of the polishing. Everything that had a rough casting was primarily done by my friend.

Really sucks actually cuz he is turning out to be kinda shady and is really f**king me on polishing my gas tank right now.

I would go get it from him and finish it but he never texts back or answers his phone.

I'm running out of time quick.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
Ugh geez that sucks

People like that drive me insane, and he's gotta know all the work you've put into that thing and why you need it done

Like why do some people just not give a single f**k about anyone else

And if he's one of those types and he doesn't get the s**t back to you in time he'll probably show up months down the road acting like everything's fine and such

I hope he comes through for you though, even the sketchiest of people will occasionally not f**k you over haha

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ugh geez that sucks

People like that drive me insane, and he's gotta know all the work you've put into that thing and why you need it done

Like why do some people just not give a single f**k about anyone else

And if he's one of those types and he doesn't get the s**t back to you in time he'll probably show up months down the road acting like everything's fine and such

I hope he comes through for you though, even the sketchiest of people will occasionally not f**k you over haha
Hes a good friend. Its not really like that at all. He just knows i dont leave until Tuesday and doesn't understand that i want to have the truck together be saturday and that i have other s**t to do before we go.

pantyraid

=^.^=
Hes a good friend. Its not really like that at all. He just knows i dont leave until Tuesday and doesn't understand that i want to have the truck together be saturday and that i have other s**t to do before we go.
Ahhh ok, well that's not quite as bad then

Still, pain in the ass when people don't answer the phone when you really need them to

Maybe he has verizon and his phone is being an absolute moron just like mine haha

I don't think the problem is verizon though, I think it's just my phone that's being stupid :/

It does make people think I'm ignoring them though, because it almost constantly has NO signal (but in places that it used to and definitely should get at least some service) but then when you call it it doesn't go straight to voicemail, it rings on their end but not on mine

It's a stretch, but it's possible haha

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ahhh ok, well that's not quite as bad then

Still, pain in the ass when people don't answer the phone when you really need them to

Maybe he has verizon and his phone is being an absolute moron just like mine haha

I don't think the problem is verizon though, I think it's just my phone that's being stupid :/

It does make people think I'm ignoring them though, because it almost constantly has NO signal (but in places that it used to and definitely should get at least some service) but then when you call it it doesn't go straight to voicemail, it rings on their end but not on mine

It's a stretch, but it's possible haha
Nah its more like he stays up until 3 am and sleeps until noon. He got laid off with me so he has no job. Just procrastinates.

I mean its not fun at all. Its hard work, but hes the one that really wanted to do it.

pantyraid

=^.^=
Nah its more like he stays up until 3 am and sleeps until noon. He got laid off with me so he has no job. Just procrastinates.

I mean its not fun at all. Its hard work, but hes the one that really wanted to do it.
Haha that sounds like me, except for the no job part

Well, I barely make any money so it's not too far off I suppose

It's silly how you can make getting laid so shitty by adding an 'off' to the end :/