2005 Honda Civic Restoration Project

IBleedMusick

Just a quick back story. I bought this car in 2007 as my first major purchase as an adult (21) and though it wasnt my first choice this car was loyal to me for 180k miles worth of driving. Never had any major issues until 2013 when she began overheating which I fixed I have no heater but I live in Miami so its not necessary. Then the transmission began acting up so I decided to park it and buy a new car. Ended up with a 2013 Dodge Charger but fast forward to earlier this year I decided to bring my car back from the dead and get back to work on an audio project my shop had been working on. This log will chronicle everything that happens. I am a pic whore so this will be photo heavy.

I started by first swapping out the old disgusting carpet for fresh carpet that we hand cut here. Mind you this stuff is coming out soon for something a lot more plush but needed something in to get the old funky carpet out.

Old carpet

Out with the old

In with the new

Before the car went to s**t my shop and I were working on a monster of a build for this little thing. Plans were for a minimum of a 155db out of the trunk on music in a daily driven daily ground pounder. That plan has not changed I plan to have this car able to safely play 150s for multiple songs and survive kaos and subsonic suicide runs (audio competitors will understand that terminology).

The battery bank was first. I have all XS Power Batteries 3 D3100 and 2 D3400 and Sky High Car Audio wiring for this car but someone asked me to test out these batteries and see how they perform. Spec wise they are on par with the XS D3100

During testing the stock alt went out on me so I purchased a 130a Denso HO alt instead. Singer Alternators will be building a 320a alt for this puppy.

Old alt

New alt

Audio wise this car will be loaded with the following:

4 Soundstream 8s
4 Soundstream 10s
8 Soundstream Horn Loaded Tweeters
2 Custom Built 5k 12s
1 Soundstream X3.2k4 for Mids
1 Soundstream Rubicon 100.4 for Tweets
2 6500w mono amps

Building the box and sealing the trunk first

Test fitting the fiberglass doors. Dont mind the inverted mid that isnt permanent

Up next for the car is motor suspension and brakes. Going to be deleting the back seat to fit in the meth kit and the compressor for the bags. We will be glassing all of that in so it flows well. Once I have the suspension riding like I want we will be widebodying the front and the rear to fit wider tires. The only reason for the front and rear widebody is so it flows correctly

Caught between a k20 or k24 with k20 heads either way goal is 500 daily and around 800 for race days. With the added weight this is going to be an uphill battle but we are simultaneously building another project with a lot more power so we're used to uphill battles.

Will work on getting a vid of the system playing before it goes to paint and body.